20 Olympic things to know (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have just found out that all those lovely medals cost us tax payers 10p each per year:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:.

Not being into sport in anyway my initial reaction was quite negative but on careful consideration I realised if they double that could we get to number two on the table:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think 10p per taxpayer per year is great value considering the health benefits to country from getting more kids involved....

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
What they did not say was 10p per year for ever:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
What they did not say was 10p per year for ever:ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nope, but I wouldn't put it past them...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19144983

In fact, the Lottery accounts for about 60% of funding for GB's Olympic teams' preparation for the London Games. Almost 40% comes directly from the UK exchequer - in other words, directly from our pockets via taxes.
This equates to about 80p a year per UK taxpayer. About £7m also comes from money raised by Team 2012, mainly through corporate sponsors.

But with Team GB's haul so far costing each UK taxpayer less than 10p a medal, you won't find too many Britons complaining. Add in a conservative £12bn cost of hosting the games at £400 per taxpayer, and some may not feel quite the same.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back