2 TV's?? (1 Viewer)

Aug 13, 2009
KENT
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Caravanning since 1990's Went over to motorhoming 2007
I have a fold-down tv at the front of my Scout and a portable tv at the back...does anyone know how different programmes can be watched at the same time? Do I need 2 aerials?

I've had to suffer a wet & cold weekend away and had to watched kids programmes & constant arguing......never again!!! :cry:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I have a fold-down tv at the front of my Scout and a portable tv at the back...does anyone know how different programmes can be watched at the same time? Do I need 2 aerials?

I've had to suffer a wet & cold weekend away and had to watched kids programmes & constant arguing......never again!!! :cry:

If they both have freeview no problem. If not you need 2 freeview tuners.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as Brian said....a simple splitter then a seperate coax to both TV's.

Broken Link Removed

if you use a sat box and dish then you will need a second box for one of the TV's and a dual LNB for the dish

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
autotrail sound system

Sorry to hear about the wet weekend and grumpy kids but no matter what you do the watchers of the rear tele will always hear the sound from the front tele as the autotrail sound speakers for this tele are also in the back.:cry:

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
2 tv's

I have a Avtex tv in the rear lounge which has freeview, I can watch any channel available and still watch a different program on the dropdown telly at the front which has its own digibox next to the Sargent control box.

So only one aeriel required, but two digital sources.

regards

Ray

OP
OP
kev&caz
Aug 13, 2009
KENT
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sorry to hear about the wet weekend and grumpy kids but no matter what you do the watchers of the rear tele will always hear the sound from the front tele as the autotrail sound speakers for this tele are also in the back.:cry:

:cry::Sad::cry:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Kev4caz.
What year scout ?? pre 2006 ??
If it is you will maybe have a Humax freeview receiver sat in the cupboard by the power supply unit.. Let me know if thats the same set up and I can explain further...

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the speaker wires were put in, so can be taken out....or disconnected in this case.....only got to pull/cut/de-solder the connections off the rear speakers :winky:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Regarding the rear speaker thing..
You only have to go into the radio setup and turn the volume to zero for the rear..
Simples..... No cutting, no solder and you can turn it back on when you want..
You will have a setting for left and right balance PLUS front and rear balance... !!!!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
After youve sorted out the channel problems
Wireless headphones for the odd man out:thumb:
Transmiter simply plugs into whichever TV you want to hear and bobs yer auntie
G

OP
OP
kev&caz
Aug 13, 2009
KENT
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Kev4caz.
What year scout ?? pre 2006 ??
If it is you will maybe have a Humax freeview receiver sat in the cupboard by the power supply unit.. Let me know if thats the same set up and I can explain further...

Thanks Tonka but it's a late 2009 model and there isn't a Humax freeview receiver in the cupboard. :Sad:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks Tonka but it's a late 2009 model and there isn't a Humax freeview receiver in the cupboard. :Sad:

AH... Stuck in the middle ground on this one then. I have a 2005 model apache 700 and familiar with that AV setup.. Also a new 2012 version which has a 7" screen in the dash and Tv inrear.
Not sure on the 2009 setup. Can only assume that the cab drop down screen has it's own built in freeview receiver and the TV is the same. that being the case I cant see why you would not be able to tune in seperate signals..
Regarding audio,If your TV is an Avtex, they have a transmitter that sends a signal to the cab radio for broadcast. May be worth checking the handbook / menu's as this can be de-activated.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back