2 silly questions.... (1 Viewer)

Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
We have a Viseo A class and I asked the dealer why the headlight flash on the indicator stalk doesn't actually flash the headlights (the blue light on the dash comes on and you can hear the relay click, but no flash). It does, however, switch between main and dipped beams when the lights are on. He said that all A class Burstners are like this. Is that your experience?

Secondly, the bonnet seems quite flimsy with a lot of movement. This has caused problems with the alarm pin switch. Again, have others experienced this?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We used to have a Burstner Aviano.

Can't say I ever tested whether the lights flashed but the bonnet sure was flimsy and only half opened making it very difficult to do any work on the engine.

Not sure if that helped or not:)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
We have a Viseo A class and I asked the dealer why the headlight flash on the indicator stalk doesn't actually flash the headlights (the blue light on the dash comes on and you can hear the relay click, but no flash). It does, however, switch between main and dipped beams when the lights are on. He said that all A class Burstners are like this. Is that your experience?

I can't believe that . I think he is pulling your chain.I'd think thee is a wire off somewhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

And you believed the dealer? :rolleyes:

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Our lights on our A class Burstner flash - In any case it is the same equipment as a van or coachbuilt?
Bonnet closes fine - though we have no alarm - so can't comment on that

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What a load of b*llocks! The light should be capable of doing a single flash - its supposed to be a warning light after all! Tell him you want it to be fixed asap and to stop talking rubbish!

As for the bonnet, sorry I don't have one so can't comment.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Flimsy A class bonnets can have problems with alarm sensor..really down to skills of fitter it may need a plate..my friends Hymer did. If dealer fit his responsibility!

If van new on fiat chassis take it to them?

sparky

Free Member
Feb 19, 2008
bingley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
a class burstner aviano i
Exp
30 years
hi I have a 2014 Burstner aviano and two of my friends have the same vans none of them flash the headlights I have reported this to camper uk who have reported it to Burstner as I think this is a safety issue because for ages I have been flashing wagons and cars to let them out it does not tell you any where in the manual they don't work

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If your van has HID headlamps (discharge bulbs) do some Google research. I've just done a very quick search on the subject because it occurred to me that things might have changed with HID (they take a finite time to start) and it appears that that might be the 'problem'. If your van uses conventional (filament) bulbs then they should flash.

OP
OP
Binky
Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
Thank you all for your responses - it's much appreciated. Interestingly I e-mailed Burstner direct and got the following response:

Dear Sir,

thank you for your message.
Our integrated motorhomes (Viseo, Aviano, Elegance and Grand Panorama) are indeed not equipped with headlight flashers that work even when the headlights are off.

Best regards,

Frederic Schmaltz

After Sales – Kundendienst – S.A.V.
BĂĽrstner GmbH & Co. KG
Elsäßerstraße 80
D-77694 Kehl-NeumĂĽhl / Rhein

As Sparky says, It does beg the question why they don't state this is in the manual, as I have been flashing like a demented exhibitionist for ages, unaware that my flashes have never been witnessed!

LuckyLuke

Free Member
Aug 16, 2017
France & UK
Funster No
MH
A - Class / Integral
I fitted some of these behind the grlle on my amarok as DRLs and full beam assist lights - I wonder if as the relay appears to be working a similar set up would work as both a headlamp flash and as a full beam support light..

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Thank you all for your responses - it's much appreciated. Interestingly I e-mailed Burstner direct and got the following response:

Dear Sir,

thank you for your message.
Our integrated motorhomes (Viseo, Aviano, Elegance and Grand Panorama) are indeed not equipped with headlight flashers that work even when the headlights are off.

Best regards,

Frederic Schmaltz

After Sales – Kundendienst – S.A.V.
BĂĽrstner GmbH & Co. KG
Elsäßerstraße 80
D-77694 Kehl-NeumĂĽhl / Rhein

As Sparky says, It does beg the question why they don't state this is in the manual, as I have been flashing like a demented exhibitionist for ages, unaware that my flashes have never been witnessed!

That sentence doesn't really read right ... it would run better without the 'not', are you sure something wasn't lost in translation?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I fitted some of these behind the grlle on my amarok as DRLs and full beam assist lights - I wonder if as the relay appears to be working a similar set up would work as both a headlamp flash and as a full beam support light..
That sentence doesn't really read right ... it would run better without the 'not', are you sure something wasn't lost in translation?
This is a 2015 thread OP probably sorted by now(y)(y)(y)

OP
OP
Binky
Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
Copied exactly as I received it from Burstner. Since the original post I have heard of a number of owners who have headlight flashers that dont. Basically, instead of flashing I just bturn the headlights on and off. Not ideal at all.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I'm surprised that non flashing vehicles are road legal... as flashing headlights is an approved "I'm here" signal...

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I'm surprised that non flashing vehicles are road legal... as flashing headlights is an approved "I'm here" signal...
Not a legal or MOT requirement.
You're correct, it does mean 'l'm here' but flashing headlamps is more often, mistakenly, taken as a 'go on then, I'll wait' indication.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back