2 DAYS! (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
I know I am shouting but I can't contain my self!

Scared, apprehensive, but looking forward to the first drive!

Sorry but I will be back with a 1 day shout!

OOh the next 2 sleepless nights to come. Does everyone feel like this??

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
E
I know I am shouting but I can't contain my self!

Scared, apprehensive, but looking forward to the first drive!

Sorry but I will be back with a 1 day shout!

OOh the next 2 sleepless nights to come. Does everyone feel like this??
Everyone feels the same I guess......but I bet you're bursting lol:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
Yep, the best feeling in the world. And, two months in, I'm still managing to get into most conversations with random people that "we've just bought a motorhome". I'm sure I bore everyone silly :D.

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Yes!
However, whether the van is new or secondhand, take very careful note of the hand-over. Up to now you may think a fairly practical mind will deal with how everything operates but there are a lot of functions that may not be so simple to operate when the van is in your hands. Some people video the hand over but certainly take notes. This especially applies to the water system and heating which should be demonstrated for you. Draining, filling, refrigeration, toilet cassette, tv and perhaps many more bits which are specific to your motorhome.
All the very best. Alan

Upvote 0

Landyguy

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2013
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Serrano
Exp
newbie from caravan - 5yrs now
Good luck with the new van and understand the sleepless nights waiting for it.:)(y):D

Upvote 0

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
just over 12 months ago after a wait of 6 months,we picked up our new van ,boy was i nervous ,squeaky bum time couple with the sheer joy of driving your new van ,this was in belgium and as you probably know thay drive on the wrong side of the road , we left the dealer and the wife was doing her best to work out the new sat nav , we turned down the wrong road and i had to execute a 55 point turn to get back due to the road ahead being dug up ,as we got clear of the town and on to the open road ,i let my breath out. We got to Dunkirk for the ferry,presented our tickets and then i was told i was at the wrong port ,fortunately we had tickets that could be transferred ,as the que built up behind me the stress started to build,my missus got back in with new tickets and i attempted to move forward ,that when the Beeping started ,that new dash board was telling me off big time,i had the door open,sorted that and the traffic got longer ,then i did not put the auto shift into drive in the correct sequence,more effing beeping,eventually we got going and on the ferry home ,it was a stressfull but joyfull journey.

Have a great day(y)

Upvote 0

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
First drive.

My first drive of the new vehicle was barely 5 minutes underway when I rounded a corner to find a recent traffic accident blocking the lane, with the first Police unit already in attendance. If I hadn't paused at the dealership to work out where all the switches were I might have been part of it. Traffic was having to turn round and go back the other way - where? In a narrow sloping farm gateway with a rough surface bounded by a hawthorn hedge. I had to reverse into it in a completely unfamiliar large brand new vehicle and pull out again. As I pulled out another Police vehicle came screaming round the corner and I had to back up very quickly into the gateway again to let it through. It's fair to say the novelty of having a reversing camera helped a little bit, but you can imagine how jumpy I was.

A while later, following an unplanned detour, I began to breathe a sigh of relief at turning into the road leading up to our house, only to find some complete knobhead had parked a 4x4 so far from the kerb that I could only pass between it and a stone wall opposite by driving within my wing mirror width. In a completely unfamiliar large brand new vehicle etc etc. Talk about slalom.

Anyway, I got it home, and did some more short trips to and from the storage site until I'd notched up about 100 miles in total. Then we went for a 3,000 mile jaunt around France.

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Bet your up and ready to go collect the van. Have a good day and enjoy the thrill of driving it.

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Enjoy your day it's arrived. :dance2:

Upvote 0

Mrs Matt on wheels

Free Member
Apr 7, 2017
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
Auto trail scout 2016
Exp
Since 2016
I still feel like that just before every trip away.... I still get serious butterfly's!

Where are you off to first?

Upvote 0

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
When we exchanged our van a few years ago, went from an Autocruise to a Hymer the only way I could get to sleep was the visualise the drawer under the cooker and pack it with my saucepans! Odd I know but it was the only way I could calm myself enough to nod off!
Enjoy your MH and go see lots of places.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cliffdale
Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
Thanks so much everyone! I'm really looking forward to enjoying the day!

First trip is going to be Falmouth, (Pendennis headland), just to give it a trial run. The first big trip is Surrey, Guildford area to visit daughter at Uni. I've seen some nice sites to stay in the area, and then sort of dreaming about going back via the New Forrest Hampshire.

Got to go now to catch a train!

Post some pics later!
Cliff

Upvote 0

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Enjoy your new van. It's a great feeling.

Upvote 0

Paddyfrog

Free Member
Mar 25, 2017
France
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Gosh, I'm drooling. We've had ours a month. Two 4 km trips into the local forest to enjoy the joys of nature, go for a long, long walk, come back and have a cuppa made on our own stove! Weather here in France, (east) just not great for motorhoming fun. So we sit, watch the weather, and our day will come! Expect to hear me shouting from the chandaliers...... it'll be a great new dawn for us. FREEDOM.

Upvote 0
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
I've got to admit to being green with envy. We were hoping to have our van by now but have decided to leave it till next Spring as we'll be in a position (all being well) to double our budget and get a much better van.
Have a look at this video, it may act as a refresher to your handover.
Enjoy your van. Hope she's a good 'un(y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back