wireman

Free Member
Dec 18, 2007
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
does anyone know if its fused or not? Can't nfind any reference to it in the manual but it would really surprise me if its not fused. Its stopped working and since the reversing camera has also stopped being switched on automagically (sensed from the reversing light) i have to assume its aeither the fuse or the switch itself. Its not the bulb, have checked that.

??????

Ta

tony

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
cant answer your question about it being fused, but the reversing switch is known to go from time to time. Geo fixed one on Frifay.

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
No Geo didn't, I should know it was mine

The reversing switch on the JTD's are a known fault, Geo was going to replace it for me whilst doing several other jobs, but having looked at it decided against it, cant blame him its a pig of a job that could end up taking hours to do (Fiat say its a 20 min job:ROFLMAO:)

not sure if there is a fuse for the reversing light, i have not found one which is clearly for it, mine is not working, and i have pulled out every fuse and all are ok, the switch is housed right on top of the gearbox behind the clutch cylinder (the switch you can see at the back of the box from underneth is a speedo switch it as three wires not two)

to replace this switch, you need to remove several air pipes and then work blind with a long reach 22mm socket, alternativly you could do like im going to do and take it to fiat, who have quoted me £13 for the switch and £33 to fit it:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Good job you don't have a beemer they charge £130 an hour in Stoke,

That said i think fiat charge min of 30 mins

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Good job you don't have a beemer they charge £130 an hour in Stoke,

That said i think fiat charge min of 30 mins

Is there any beamers in Stoke :ROFLMAO:?

hymert

Free Member
Mar 2, 2010
Funster No
similar problem with reversing light

I have now got the same problem on my Hymer b584Fiat JTD. I can't find the fuse. The earth is OK because I used the side light to check it. The feed to the reversing light has 12v but there is insufficent current to power the light. I think it is a poor connection or faulty switch.

Looks like I'll have to find a FIAT dealer

Hymert

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Free Member
Dec 18, 2007
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Geo at Pecks Hill Garage did mine in the end (it was the switch on the gearbox) with a bit of fiddling I believe.....might be worth a call but as your profile is a bit sparse I'm not sure where you are in the country...:Smile:

FreeSpirit

Free Member
Jun 18, 2009
Qld, Aust
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
10 years
reversing light fuse 2.8 JTD

The fuse F31 (listed as ignition commuter in the owners manual??) is located in the fusebox on the passengers side for the right hand drive version & vice versa (drivers side) for LHD, very top left hand side of the fuse panel mounted horizontally unlike the other fuses which are mounted vertically.

artHarris

Free Member
Sep 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido 763F
Exp
since 2004
Free Spirit is right. I blew my reversing light fuse (saw the flash when I carelessly short circuited it) But searched high-and-low to find which fuse it was. As he says, the Fiat handbook doesn't mention one. But fuse 31 was blown - the only one - and replacing it got me going again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back