2.7kg Camping Gaz in Europe (1 Viewer)

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Anyone know what the average price of Camping Gaz is in EU countries?

My bottles are 2.7kg and was pretty shocked when i saw the refill price in a camping accessory shop last week......£20!! :whatthe:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
come on bullet guy do we have to go through this all over again ? you know the way forward . :Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb::Smile:

Baggins

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Camping Gaz

I got ripped of for nearly £20 when buying a refill before leaving UK (Emergency backup to Calor Propane)

I did need to use it up eventually in Portugal and refill cost 12.5 Euro and the shop guy rounded it down to 12E. (Less than a tenner!!!)

BW

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

retrac

Free Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
20yrs plus
camping gas

have just got back from Spain and was charged 11euros at a campsite shop which are usually dearer. We always try and get a full one before returning ome

OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
have just got back from Spain and was charged 11euros at a campsite shop which are usually dearer. We always try and get a full one before returning ome
Seems a realistic figure to me.

I will be in Germany then heading south east toward Hungary and poss Bulgaria.....wonder how much they charge? :Smile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, bulletguy ,,use propane over there. with the right adapter propane fits in a camping gas bottle. or get a local bottle of butane . they use the same reg as we used to years ago i use an adapter to the old reg thread,n then adapt to gpl over there.

OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
hi, bulletguy ,,use propane over there. with the right adapter propane fits in a camping gas bottle. or get a local bottle of butane . they use the same reg as we used to years ago i use an adapter to the old reg thread,n then adapt to gpl over there.
The thread question was actually asking the price of Camping Gaz in europe.....not what adapters will fit propane etc.
I know i can use my Propane, but once emptied its just a useless ornament to carry around until back in the UK which doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
thats why it could be a wise investment to get a european filling gadget by off ebay or reimo sell them in all the big campshops abroad. its very common for germans etc. to fill at pumps. much cheaper than exchange bottles .then when have an empty camping gas tip the propane into the camping bottle.it makes life easier n takes away the ornament bit.only trying to be helpfull. gpl/lpg/autogas is very available in most of the countries you name. the gadget only takes the space of a fag packet.

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
We all know that gaz is expensive. That's why I found an alternative but let's not go there again. Seems to be what the post is setting out to do. :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back