2 1/2 t limit at Lidl Algeciras (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Pardon Brian? I don't think it says that at all, whatsoever or by any means and I do NOT understand why anyone could interpret it as you have? Especially since they are also saying, look, here's the details of where you most certainly CAN park, stay the night, fill with fresh water, empty black waste, visit a supermarket, use Wifi, have a shower, fill your fuel tank and use a microwave. I completely fail to comprehend how the hell that's UN-friendly to Motorhomers?

I think it actually just says 'This carpark was not built to withstand anything over 2.5T so don't, but if you are a motorhome, here's where you can park'

Fair enough, let's go to Los Barrios then - that looks better for us anyway!

Quite correct, This sign is actually posted around the shopping area opposite Carrefour at Los Barrios where you have McDonalds,Leroy Merlin et al and Motorhomes parked outside their premises on a relatively small car park does restrict customer parking,I think they are being extremely courteous in simply stating if you wish to park overnight here is a facility on which you can do so.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I wonder - does that date back to Franco, or was it the case before?
I think it pre-dates even Franco. They have some peculiar stuff here .:unsure: I keep thinking I'll make a list of the more ludicrous ones & then keep forgetting ! :(

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We have loads of people on site with electric bikes, a lot of us don't wear cycle helmets, people pull in towing cars on a frames, we still have loads of people wild camping. :rolleyes:
I think the UK is a lot worse, pull into Morrison's Norwich and before your out the van the car park man tells you 2 hours, how difficult is it parking a motorhome while touring, over here you can park anywhere. :eek:
We watched a police woman, telling of someone one day for being parked in the yellow box and there were spaces to park, and he stood and argued with her saying he had not been long, in the UK it would have been a ticket or towed away. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I think it pre-dates even Franco. They have some peculiar stuff here .:unsure: I keep thinking I'll make a list of the more ludicrous ones & then keep forgetting ! :(

It goes back to Napoleonic times.
As Sedge quite rightly said, their Laws (and I believe the French as well) have a system of Law totally opposite to ours.
With ours, if it isn't enshrined in Statute or Common Law then it's legal. With theirs, if it ain't in their Book of Laws then it's illegal. Sort of.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back