2.0, 2.2, 2.8, 3.0ltr MPG questions. (1 Viewer)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Ok, as some of you may know we are in the process of buying MH and the choice is mind boggling.

So depending on which engine size fitted what sort of mpg do you good peeps get out of your pride and joy please mpg only 'cos I'm of that age, all diesel.

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Not the right time to get a van? I don't understand, ive had one 10 years.... I too enjoy motorhoming as Im sure many others do, I may enjoy it much more if I had a concorde and fulltimed, but I go for what I can afford so I don't have to worry about MPG. The OP is asking for advice, he doesn't know or is unsure what difference it makes, its a valid question.
he may have a fuel budget of 10k per year or 5k per year and therefore its very relevent to him exactly how Shite his consumption is going to be as it is to me and many others, a few years ago when fuel prices hit sky high prices I would consider seriously going very far as teh MPG of my van at the time was a very big question.
Not saying u u where getting a van I know uve a van but getting a motorhome putting fuel in it and checking the mpg it depends how fast u go how u load it tyres. That's all I am saying

Upvote 0

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Round trip to sis in York, messing about on Yorkshire coast/moors, home again up Teesdale and Alston moor, wasn't hanging about when I could. Bank holiday traffic really pee'd me off, York to Pickering 2 and 1/2 hours so wasted a load of juice there !
Peugeot Boxer Ford 2.2 HDI 100 (2008)
412 miles - 14.9 Gallons (67.8 L) 27.6 MPG. That is proper top up - to top up figures.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Last van had a 3 litre on a four tonne chassis - got 26.8 mostly towing a boat over about 11000 miles so would agree with Hugh. Mine was overcab as well, but the major difference as said above is the use of the right foot.
We have the 3ltr 4 tonne overcab.. Agree totally. Rarely get anything more than 26mpg... The difference between 55-60mph and 70-75mph is quite striking as far as fuel consumption goes.
But if driven carefully and smoothly then 26 ish is possible... (we travel close to payload capacity usually)

Upvote 0

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Newbury, west Berkshire to Stanhope nr.. Bishop Auckland via York and same back 608 miles 85 litres .Peugeot boxer 2.8hdi low line stargazer...= 32.5 mpg very happy with that.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back