1st xmas away from home in 23 years (1 Viewer)

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
We started our new life in april as assistant managers on a campsite in april and i must admit could easily do this until retirement (about 20 years).

my wife was not looking forward to xmas day but all went well,my daughter came to us 2 days before xmas and my sons came over on the day about 1pm and all left about 6.30pm.We had a fantastic time until about 8.30pm when the phone rang and my wife was told her friend of nearly 20 years and who we were going to see on boxing day had passed away.We knew she had been ill for a couple of weeks but certainly no were near deaths door so it was a complete shock and then to top it off my son had come over in his new car which he has saved up for, for a long time (audi quatro tt ) and only picked up xmas eve told us that some scum bag had put a big dent in the middle of his bonnet and scratched the windscreen about 1.30 in the morning.

Enjoy life has it can seem so short and be aware of jealous idiots when you get something nice.

Happy new year to all on fun.
Dave

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Glad you are enjoying your new life style..

But sorry about the other news..

Their are some right scroats about, I dunno some people, sorry anyway.. :cry:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Glad you are both enjoying your new way of life David, sorry about your other news though.

Have a good new year

maggie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
David, don't let this nasty piece of work spoil all the good things going on in your life at this moment.

You are probably right .... jealousy. I find that is the key to most nastiness in the world..... Your son must be really upset but at least it is the car and not he that has been damaged.

Hug to you all. Joy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back