1st wave of 2014!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Well we left the dealer's an hour ago in our lovely new (to us) Hymer. ::bigsmile: Feeling much more relaxed now as it's a lot bigger than we're used to although those gusts of wind leave a bit to be desired. :whatthe: Just had our first motorhome wave of the year and it was a fellow Hymer owner on the A1 heading the opposite way to us. :thumb: the front passenger seat is a bit like a big comfy armchair :thumb: should be home by 7pm hopefully and then we can relax. If you don't hear from me tomorrow it's because I'll be out in the Hymer putting everything in it whilst grinning like a Cheshire Cat ::bigsmile:

Spadger

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
Durham
Funster No
MH
VW Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
Hi yea , happened to us a couple of weeks ago , we've always had a camper so no waves, bought the hymer and got waved at a lot on way home up north. , and I thought it was only motorcyclists that waved at each other , great stuff ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Congratulations! Hope you got home ok. Have fun packing it tomorrow, and even more important, have fun using it! :Smile:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Well we made it home safely and managed to reverse it onto the drive easily as we had already removed the gates and fencing!! It is just as well it is dark or I would probably be sitting at the window looking out at it like a saddo!! Roll on tomorrow when I can get out there and start loading it ::bigsmile: thank you for all the lovely comments today and sorry I was like a kid at Christmas but this has been one seriously exciting day!! :thumb:

Steveboy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2011
Wherever my wheels stop.
Funster No
MH
Rapido 972M
Exp
Fulltime since 2011
you're no saddo. I remember when I first got my Rapido 972m in July 2011. I just stood in it, turning round & round & saying. "I can't believe I've done it, this is now mine, its lovely." Been fulltime in her since then. Spain at the moment as I am following my strict plan which is ... 'no plan!'
blog is - www.steveandtanyaswoofspot.blogspot.com
Enjoy & don't be scared of the wee roads. They're the best.

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
you're no saddo. I remember when I first got my Rapido 972m in July 2011. I just stood in it, turning round & round & saying. "I can't believe I've done it, this is now mine, its lovely." Been fulltime in her since then. Spain at the moment as I am following my strict plan which is ... 'no plan!'
blog is - www.steveandtanyaswoofspot.blogspot.com
Enjoy & don't be scared of the wee roads. They're the best.

Thank you and I have read your blog as I came across it recently when learning how to write mine :thumb:

The old girl

Free Member
Nov 10, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Motor home
Exp
We Bought our first motorhome 4 months a go but its amazing feeling as u will find out. The freedom is amazing even in the cold and rain we Carnt wait to have our first summer in ours like u this year will be amazing with all the home comforts and the world is your oyster

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
We Bought our first motorhome 4 months a go but its amazing feeling as u will find out. The freedom is amazing even in the cold and rain we Carnt wait to have our first summer in ours like u this year will be amazing with all the home comforts and the world is your oyster

This is our second as we sold our first one at Christmas. My blog gives a brief explanation of that debacle!! So today signified the end of a stressful time and we take early retirement in April to tour Europe for the next few years and the Hymer is the home we have chosen to do it in, hence the excitement ::bigsmile:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
First wave of 2014

Know exactly how you feel.

After motorhoming for 10 years we sold our motorhome to help finance the purchase of a property in France.

After 4 years we decided we needed to have the mobility again. Akthough our current van is 6 years old (our last one was purchased new), we still experienced that "WOW" feeling first time out !

We are off tomorrow for a week (or more) touring the North of England and hoping that the wind keeps blowing in our direction.

We will wave to any Hymers and hope it is you. Enjoy! :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back