1995 Compass 460 Merit Any Good? (1 Viewer)

L

lr147

Deleted User
Hi,

I'm new to motorhoming and have seen a 1995 Compass 460 Merit which is right price right size. Does anyone have any experience of these? Are they any good? Is there anything I should look out for when viewing it?

Thanks,

Richard

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Firstly welcome to Fun:winky::thumb:

Compass are a good name.

The layout is down to you and what you feel is comfortable for yourselves (if your uneasy about it don't buy it) as getting it wrong can mean an early change which can be costly.

Check around the cupboards and corners for damp and musty smells if you do detect it you have a problem that can be costly.

Good luck with your search:winky:

PS:- check it out for power steering, if it hasn't make sure your comfortable with driving it without.

Last edited:

owdsmiffy

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
Walcott Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
6ish
Compass Drifter 460

Hi.Roadrunner. I've only just now (13/12/08) joined the site & seen your post, did you buy the Compass? I'ts identical to ours, how did you get on? Regards Dave.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Check for damp

Congrats on your move to a Compass. Overall they were a good van but give it a good going over with a dampmeter mainly in the luton and at the rear. I worked for Compass during the build years and they were a little prone to the odd leak.
Wiljoy

roverman1

Free Member
Jun 19, 2008
leeds west yorks
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
hi . we changed to a compass from an elldis and we love it its a joy to drive its warm and cosy at night the heating system is great although its uder powered with a 1.9 tubo diesel not to much of a prob to us .

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi.Roadrunner. I've only just now (13/12/08) joined the site & seen your post, did you buy the Compass? I'ts identical to ours, how did you get on? Regards Dave.

hi Dave and Link Removed to the FUN.

dont know if john (roadrunner) has ever had a Compass but he drives a yank tank now

click photo to enlarge.
Link Removed

the blue and white one on the left.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

owdsmiffy

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
Walcott Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
6ish
Compass Motorhome

OOOOPS!!!!! must have had a senior moment there, my previous reply should have been aimed at lr147, will try harder next time. Dave.

maxitai

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
LINCOLNSHIRE
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT
Exp
23 YEARS
compass motorhomes

I have had a number of vans over the years, but found the compass models a pleasure to own, these include the 410, the 460 and currently my cruiser 740, however i do feel that you definately need the higher turbo deisel 2.8 engine as these pull so well.
I have not experienced any damp, so probably been lucky.
I do put a heater in the vans over winter ,so that might help

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back