OP
nunny666
Apr 10, 2014
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Fiat
Exp
What seems very strange , and I could be wrong , the two larger wires blue (live) and brown (earth) from the hymer to the fridge are perm live , the two smaller wires of same colour have no power , now I would of thought the larger two wires off the hyma to the fridge would be the two that charge the 12 v from when engine running , and the smaller two that has no power at all at moment would be electronic ignition for gas ??? , thing is I can't swap them over as thatcwould give me perm live to my 12 v on fridge , so it would come on ehen switched without engine running , and I would have no electronic ignition for gas ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
nunny666
Apr 10, 2014
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Fiat
Exp
If you look at the picture the melted fuse holder was between both battery links so I think this was put in by a user in order to charge the starter battery as the la 110 only charges leisure battery , with fuse in it would also send charge to starter battery remove fuse and it won't , what's Your views please , am u right or way off , if right this has nothing to do with fridge power lol , I think reason it melted was fuse was left in while driving

OP
OP
nunny666
Apr 10, 2014
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Fiat
Exp
Fuse and holder

If you look at the picture the melted fuse holder was between both battery links so I think this was put in by a user in order to charge the starter battery as the la 110 only charges leisure battery , with fuse in it would also send charge to starter battery remove fuse and it won't , what's Your views please , am u right or way off , if right this has nothing to do with fridge power lol , I think reason it melted was fuse was left in while driving

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
nunny666
Apr 10, 2014
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Fiat
Exp
Sorted , whoop whoop . It was a plastic connector from the alternator wiring which feeds relays , connector looked fine , but removed it bared wires , soldered them and now it's fine , at long last ,

OP
OP
nunny666
Apr 10, 2014
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Fiat
Exp
When pushing the fuse box back into its opening I noticed the metal box touch the metal frame if vehicle and it sparked , is this down to a bad earth somewhere ,or a reverse connection ? ?? Because to me it looked a fire hazard , I notice that the volt meter has been showing a constant drain in it since I bought the Motorhome , but one if the soldered connectors is off at the top if volt meter , am I looking for bad earth ? Thanks again , this could be why that fuse holder melted I suppose ,

OP
OP
nunny666
Apr 10, 2014
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Fiat
Exp
Well for done reason the whole of the metal fuse box is live , yet I can't see any bare wires or acquire that's out if place ?? If I put a wire from earth on battery and touch chassis I get no sparks , if I do same but touch metal fuse box I get sparks , plus ime getting a reading on metal fuse box if I touch thàt with one multi meter probe and other to chassis I get a reading indicating box is live

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
The brown wire is usually -ve, blue +ve ? Sometimes this is confusing on a Hymer .. :Eeek:

You sometimes have to be careful with the plugs and lights if they are polarity sensitive ... on mine the centre pin was negative ...........

Cheers

OP
OP
nunny666
Apr 10, 2014
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Fiat
Exp
The brown wire is usually -ve, blue +ve ? Sometimes this is confusing on a Hymer .. :Eeek:

You sometimes have to be careful with the plugs and lights if they are polarity sensitive ... on mine the centre pin was negative ...........

Cheers

Yep I found thst out when installing fridge initially lol blue - live , hmm all the brown wires seem fine inside fuse box , struggling to get my head around this one buddy

OP
OP
nunny666
Apr 10, 2014
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Fiat
Exp
The chassis dosnt seem live just the metal fuse box , so it's got to be something in their at fault ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back