Free Member
Nov 26, 2013
Hailsham sx
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato kon-tiki
Exp
Im a newbie
hi im a newbi at this my wife and i have just bought a fiat camper (1991 reg) with the idea that we will take eveyone on holiday next year:Cool: after ive repaired the engine :cry: but i cant seem to get any info about the camper and how/ where to switch things on and off or to drain the water :Doh:. Can anyone help me please would be very greatfull. many thanks saphire

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I cant help with the information.

But welcome to fun

:welcome:

Mel & Lieve

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site, nice of you to take us all on holiday, I fancy Greece and bags a window seat please.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
The one I had had a leisure battery under the false bottom of the wardrobe and on the control panel there is a switch for the leisure battery or cab battery our fresh water tank was under the settee and there was a drain tap on it used to open the drain tap and open the taps on the sink and basin to drain down the cassette toilet had a drain on the fill tank outside hope this helps a bit

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
no 2 models are the exact same layout but the basics are

tank drain is normally at the end of a pipe leading from the bottom of the tank.
drain off for the boiler (very important as expensive) is close to the boiler lift yellow valve to drain
turn off water pump and open all taps
remove shower head and blow down pipe to exclude water

control panel will be a series of switches often near the wardrobe

engine and mechanicals look for a russek manual often found on ebay. theres been a few members on here rebuild these engines, somebody may even have a spare

oh and welcome to the site. i recomend spending the £10 on membership here to get the very best advice as you learn

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Hullo

Hi there Saphire,

Welcome to the site... as mentioned above you'd be well advised to pay the £10 subs then you can keep coming back to ask as many questions as you want/need. We've all been in your situation starting out, and trust me, the only silly question is the one you didn't ask!!

The checklist that The Big1 gave is pretty comprehensive in general terms and should see you right to start with. Get your name down for some of the rallies/meets and bring your van, there's always someone willing to help out and have a look at any issues.

Simon
:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

barearse

Free Member
Dec 31, 2012
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Just starting

Welcome sapphire, as stated, once you post your van details on here then no end of first hand advice will be available from both past and present owners of same.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back