1982 Classic Hymer B521..Bedford CF.... for sale (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Classic Hymer.. on eBay Broken Link Removed

FIRST REGISTERED ON 11TH MAY 1982 THIS VEHICLE HAS SPENT AROUND 9 YEARS OF ITS LIFE AS A DISPLAY/MUSEUM EXHIBIT IN A MAJOR GERMAN MOTORHOME DEALER SHIP IN THEIR MAIN RECEPTION AREA.
WITH A GOOD PORTION OF ITS LIFE IN A HEATED CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT,IT IS IN A CONDITION WHICH IS UNHEARD OF FOR THIS TYPE OF VEHCLE...

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Thats good then. Perhaps my "totally unique" 1982 Mercedes 540 has increased in value.x:-)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Boy have we come on in motor homes terms
I love progress best place for retro, is in the past, not for me at half the price:xsad:
I know miserable ole sod:xdoh:
G

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
My first MH was a T registration CF hightop, traded in at work in a scruffy condition, I resprayed it and mechanically overhauled it, we went miles together, the only problem I encountered was a stone in the radiator in Scotland, radiator removed by me and soldered the fins together to cure the leak, with a Stopleak added for safety, wonderful memories.!

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
You could have cracked an egg into it to get home!:xdoh::imoutahere:

I am looking to buy a 514 or 544 on retirement and will probably keep this one to visit vintage rallies and that sort of thing. I am throwing enough money at it at the moment so might as well keep it as well. In the meantime she will earn her keep - when refurbishment complete.

My first was VW type 2 LHD 1972 LHD, Sadie the dog (named after a girl netball player at school I fancied) loved it. Used to lie on the shelf over the engine looking at whatever was following. Sorry drifting off again ....... nurse, nurse

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
It looks great Jim but eye wateringly expensive but then again there was a type 2 VW on here for more IIRC.

Tony Heyworth

Free Member
Feb 19, 2016
Wokingham
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Caravan'd for years (as a kid)
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, new to motorhomes but not new to caravanning or classic cars and would welcome your advice.

I'm going to view this Classic Hymer and know it's premium priced so what would you think it would be worth to a couple who plan to use it...

What should I look for on the motorhoming side?

Thanks & I'll report back,

Cheers Tony

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Given your experience with classic cars and caravans I would think you are in a perfect position to know whether this gem is suitable for you or not.

I live fulltime in my 1987 Hymer 660S and I love it.

Do check everything works (although stuff like the heater and fridge are easier to fix than the modern stuff).

Check all the blinds and flyscreens work.

Good luck.

JJ :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back