• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

1957. Buick Special.. (1 Viewer)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
This is the first truck I drove after leaving The Army. A Commer Two Stroke, no engine braking, and no brakes really to speak of. No power steering, and no hearing after about an hour. BUT, the faster you went, the faster it wanted to go.

commer.jpg

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
This is the first truck I drove after leaving The Army. A Commer Two Stroke, no engine braking, and no brakes really to speak of. No power steering, and no hearing after about an hour. BUT, the faster you went, the faster it wanted to go.

All our big trucks were governed to 45 mph... Took a few day`s to get from the South Coast, Portland to Faslane, Scotland.. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
All our big trucks were governed to 45 mph... Took a few day`s to get from the South Coast, Portland to Faslane, Scotland.. :(

Hey Mo, in those days, 45MPH with crap brakes, no PS, and a blanket over your legs in winter to keep warm was FAST!!!

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Beautiful car Mo. Have you thought about advertizing in a classic car magazine

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
hi mo, for my sins i,m in beni, since sept, can you tell the gang that i cant get on rvoc at mo, so i havent been able to post, anyway i got to get back to camp, as i have to teach lugnutt how to stay in control after 16 pints of lager,:LOL: see yer all soon,:)

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Will do Mate... (y)

Enjoy yourself.... You will have to come home eventually... :wink:

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
It reminds me of the Cadillac my hubbie had in 1956, when I was still at Grammar school and he picked me up in his Teddie boy outfit and I was in my ankle socks and school beret! We spent the Suez crisis sitting in the back seat while I swotted for O Levels, and needless to say I only got three. But I did get a baby and we've now been married 57 years:)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Perhaps you should advertise it on eBay to appeal to an international buyer?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
It reminds me of the Cadillac my hubbie had in 1956, when I was still at Grammar school and he picked me up in his Teddie boy outfit and I was in my ankle socks and school beret! We spent the Suez crisis sitting in the back seat while I swotted for O Levels, and needless to say I only got three. But I did get a baby and we've now been married 57 years:)
Just goes to show @panda - what's right is what's right FOR YOU!
smiley-love019.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back