LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all I have been shamed into buying my grandson a new tv for xmas He is 4 and informs me that the tv in his room is CRAP :Doh: Must admit he is right as it is about 15 yrs old :ROFLMAO:.He only stays one night per week and usually watches tv with us in our bedroom but said he would watch it in his own if we got a proper tv ie not a crap one :ROFLMAO: with built in dvd. (we are sick of watching ET,Gremlins Bolt and spiderman :thumb:)
Now I have been scouring the net and come down to both Tesco and Asda that seem to offer good value for money :thumb: (Asda being no quibble gtee- not sure on gtee from Tesco ?)The tv is not going to get that much use so the gtee probably not come into it ::bigsmile:
ANYONE know of a better source ???
terry

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
could try Link Removed terry

Argos bargain basement......some new, some recon but all gauranteed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi all I have been shamed into buying my grandson a new tv for xmas He is 4 and informs me that the tv in his room is CRAP
terry

He's learning young. So scrap the TV and buy him a load of books.

I'll bet he's overdosed on TV at home. My grandkids are.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
I'm with Ralph on this.

ET - rated U or 15 depending on the version
Gremlins - rated 15
Bolt - rated PG
Spiderman - rated 12a

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If he talks like that I would take the TV away altogether.

:ROFLMAO:What for telling the truth :ROFLMAO: his exact words were Grandy that tellys old and crap I can not put a dvd in !
Besides he has been through a lot in the last 6 mths so if he wants a new tv that's OK by me :thumb:

Steelysteph you are probably right but he has older brothers (18 - 23 ) They must be sick of Balamory and Ben 10 :ROFLMAO:
terry

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
T J Hughes, Link Removed

Works on 12v so instead of leaving it in the bedroom put it in the van and leave the grandson at home :thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
wow tv in a kids bedroom at the age of four how times have changed.

What would kids do if they had only ITV and BBC 1 to watch.

There would be riots on the street !!!!!

At least if he is watching it down stairs with you, you can monitor the content hahaha

Good luck with your new purchase.

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Personally I believe that putting a TV in a child's room is a bad idea. When they go to bed their minds need to relax, not be stimulated.

Also, it encourages the habit of watching tv late at night when they get older.

I'm a big believer of the bedtime story. My grandson and I take it in turns to tell each other a made up story - and he really looks forward to it. He calls it our "special time".

Gill

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:Eeek: Firstly I would like to thank all who have suggested places from where I may purchase the said tv/dvd from :thumb:

ralph-dot
steelysteph
ourcampersbeentrashed (Gail )
algill (Gill )
Do not take this the wrong way but I / we do not need advice on how to bring up kids :Doh: we have managed to bring up 2 sons who were both doing well for themselves earning above 50k per year, one is married for 16 yrs with 2 children and the other was with his partner for 10yrs with 2 of her children and the 4 yr old.Both were very happy in there relationships which I think is more important than having a telly in our grandsons room :RollEyes: The only thing he wants in this world I cannot give him :cry: but I can get him a tv and I / we will try to install all the good virtues his dad had
terry
PS we do not have a tv down stairs I threw it out (revamp in room )after it was turned on only 5 or 6 times in the last 12 yrs

Last edited:

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Parents are for pointing kids in the right direction, Grandparents are for spoiling them,(well, a wee bit anyway.)

Sounds like you and your family are doing a fine job Terry.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back