1650 miles of trouble free Motorhoming then...... (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Back today from 3 great weeks in France, met some great people seen some great countryside even visited 2 places on our bucket list, Monet's grarden and Chatres cathedral. Like I said 1650 trouble free miles, arrive home, emptied the van then took it to the storage depot. About a mile from the depot there's a three roundabout the inside lane turns left the outside turns right so I'm in the middle as I'm going straight on. Pulled away only to have the Tw*t on the inside go straight on forcing me to swerve right but then having to swerve back so as not to hit the vehicle on my outside. I heard the Tw*t shout out WTF as I just end missed him, I would have given him WTF if he had hit me. Swerving to avoid him my table, which I thought was secured toppled over hitting my cooker smashing the glass door. Of course he didn't stop but other than that no damaged done, vans alright, I'm OK so I'll just have to live and let live, still wouldn't mind giving him a piece of my mind. :mad::)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Had a similar one in Aylesbury, Wednesday, "IT" came on the inside on a rbt. C88t could see I was towing a car!. Then got all "ars88".. Mucking Dick!!!!.

Pete

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
We got back from our french trip two weeks ago similar milage with out missing a beat loaded up this morning for a weekend away got 5 miles from home and alternator light came on so had to turn around and come home spent this afternoon getting the bogger off

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
We got back from our french trip two weeks ago similar milage with out missing a beat loaded up this morning for a weekend away got 5 miles from home and alternator light came on so had to turn around and come home spent this afternoon getting the bogger off
Sorry to hear that. I eventually fixed mine in situ by swapping the regulator. Cost around £15 delivered I think

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Aylesbury! - we were on our week old Triumph Trophy wanting to turn right (towards Stoke Mandeville) on a roundabout, so were in the outside lane when we turned when a Metro came up the outside of us, on the hatchmarks, except there wasn't room, so she narrowly missed my left leg but caught the nearside mirror with her A post and chucked us into the inside lane - fortunately the vehicle about to occupy the space, stopped.

Couldn't believe it - she stopped and came back to us - utterly unaware that she'd hit us, saying she'd seen it in her mirror that there had been an accident, and stopped! She didn't like it much when we saw her in Court a couple of months later and told Judge Jeffries (seriously, how I kept a straight face when he said his name I'll never know) that SHE certainly wouldn't play the good Samaritan again!

Had she not been involved, the car that did hit us, would have completely demolished her Metro - as it was he had disappeared into thin air apparently. He asked her, well at what point had you overtaken the motorbike, and she said the first time she ever saw it, it was lying in the road behind her .....

He found - 'on the balance of probabilities' - for us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back