15 years with a caravan, 1 year with a motorhome (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
After 15 years travelling around the uk in all our spare time we ended up at the spring motorhome and camping rally in Newark last year. We were there to look at caravans, both new and used.
As it happens our friends have a motorhome and so we looked at the second hand motorhomes as well.
I was particularly impressed with the layout of the Autotrail Frontier Savannah having plenty of living space, a good sized shower and separate bathroom and for the first time--single beds (there is a wardrobe between us so an end to the smoring issue, especially after a few 'rally beers').
So we sold my beloved X-Trail and the van and splashed out on a Savannah.
We are now itching to get out once the ground dries out a little and the worms go back onderground.

Anyone know of any dryish sites that we can go to, we live in North Wales and are close to motorways?

Chirk is always a good one but really muddy at this time of year.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Welcome to Fun.
If you're a member of the Caravan Club or The Camping and Caravan Club, all their sites have hard standing pitches so mud or wet ground isn't an issue. A lot of them are closed this time of year but there are some year round sites.
http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/club-sites/open-all-year-sites

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi welcome to motorhoming, I'm sure you will love it , regards campsites
If your in the Caravan Club this CL is very good with nice flat hardstandings and excellent toilets/showers.
Broken Link Removed

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Welcome, we are ex tuggers, best thing we ever did changing to a Motorhome, had one (2 actually) 8 years now, would never go back.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We also sold a cherished X Trail and a Bessacarr Cameo caravan to return to the fold, best thing we ever did.
Welcome by the way.
PS Wales and dry campsites do not compute!!

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
welcome to motorhome fun :party::welc:
you are not alone in being an ex tugger ,ive still got my caravan whilst im waiting on my MH being built ,there are quite a few people on here who have done the switch to motorhomes and never looked back(y)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
After 15 years travelling around the uk in all our spare time we ended up at the spring motorhome and camping rally in Newark last year. We were there to look at caravans, both new and used.
As it happens our friends have a motorhome and so we looked at the second hand motorhomes as well.
I was particularly impressed with the layout of the Autotrail Frontier Savannah having plenty of living space, a good sized shower and separate bathroom and for the first time--single beds (there is a wardrobe between us so an end to the smoring issue, especially after a few 'rally beers').
So we sold my beloved X-Trail and the van and splashed out on a Savannah.
We are now itching to get out once the ground dries out a little and the worms go back onderground.

Anyone know of any dryish sites that we can go to, we live in North Wales and are close to motorways?

Chirk is always a good one but really muddy at this time of year.
Our previous van was a Autotrail Savannah - loved it. We traded it in for our current van and noticed that it was at sold at the Newark show. I wonder if you have our previous van? Registration MX10 ***

Oh, and
welcome animated smiley.gif

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Fun, you can always go to Chester and stay in one of the bays by the river on the Roudee Car Park ÂŁ1.50 a night normal car park fees in the day, handy for a couple of nights. :welc:

OP
OP
Chris+Tracy
Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
This is absolutely brilliant, I did not expect a welcome from so many members in such a short period of time, EXCELLENT AND MANY THANKS. ;)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
.....and us...(ex caravanners)

Welcome:)......

We never have got to Chirk.....has been on the list since we started caravanning ( long story:LOL:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back