Free Member
Nov 15, 2014
golborne
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki 645
Exp
hi all

has anyone got any 13kg empty calor gas bottles they don't want, i have 2 x 6kg bottles and i can't swap them because they're in the wrong group.i'm going to chester at easter or could pick up nw area

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Go outdoors have always been relaxed about exchanging different sized bottles, might be worth trying a swap there ?

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
try your local council recycling site, local Yahoo Freecycle groups, bootsales .. Gumtree etc ..
Yes our local council tip always has a collection of gas bottles of every conceivable shape, make and size.
They sell them for a fiver each which they tell me goes into the tea kitty.

john kyte

Free Member
Dec 17, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Ex ambulance
Exp
Yes our local council tip always has a collection of gas bottles of every conceivable shape, make and size.
They sell them for a fiver each which they tell me goes into the tea kitty.

I think it is against the law to sell Calor gas bottles----They are property of Calor ,,not yours

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I think it is against the law to sell Calor gas bottles----They are property of Calor ,,not yours

yes.. always has been the case, but it hasn't stopped people selling them or giving them away ..
never heard of anyone being prosecuted for selling a Calor bottle

The Council site can't officially accept them for disposal.. or sell them.. but it does go on..

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
try your local council recycling site, local Yahoo Freecycle groups, bootsales .. Gumtree etc ..
I go into our local recycling dump and they have a gas cylinder cage there that has loads of various cylinders of all sizes, I always look in it as ONE DAY a Gaslow / Gasit bottle, WILL turn up and I will obtain it/them for a small consideration. The bottles get sent back to calor etc sometime in the future so they can hire them out again at profit.

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
I go into our local recycling dump and they have a gas cylinder cage there that has loads of various cylinders of all sizes, I always look in it as ONE DAY a Gaslow / Gasit bottle, WILL turn up and I will obtain it/them for a small consideration. The bottles get sent back to calor etc sometime in the future so they can hire them out again at profit.
If you do see anything you fancy , don't ask , just take it . our tip will not allow the public to remove anything from site . I was with my father in law and the tools , cycles and other metals being thrown away was criminal , but they were adamant we couldn't take them . recycling centre my ar** !

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
hi all

has anyone got any 13kg empty calor gas bottles they don't want, i have 2 x 6kg bottles and i can't swap them because they're in the wrong group.i'm going to chester at easter or could pick up nw area

If you don't get sorted by Chester we will have one there, I am hoping to get my Gaslow kit fitted while there, then my Calor will be redundant, although I will take a 6kg off you to keep as a spare (y)

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
Grass...

JJ :cool:
Reporting somebody for breaking the rules of their employment isn't being a grass . sadly its not as simple as giving somebody a couple of quid for tea bags for helping you out .
You wouldn't get away with calling somebody a grass to their face where I live , so please don't do it on a forum , in jest or otherwise .

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Reporting somebody for breaking the rules of their employment isn't being a grass . sadly its not as simple as giving somebody a couple of quid for tea bags for helping you out .
You wouldn't get away with calling somebody a grass to their face where I live , so please don't do it on a forum , in jest or otherwise .

I will assume you are having a joke with me...

or maybe you haven't had time to "tune in" to the nature of Motorhome Fun.

Funsters don't usually tell each other what they can or can not post...

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
I will assume you are having a joke with me...

or maybe you haven't had time to "tune in" to the nature of Motorhome Fun.

Funsters don't usually tell each other what they can or can not post...

No ,I wasn't joking and from your post I assumed you weren't . add a smiley and we all know where we stand ::bigsmile:.

OP
OP
scouse272

scouse272

Free Member
Nov 15, 2014
golborne
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki 645
Exp
If you don't get sorted by Chester we will have one there, I am hoping to get my Gaslow kit fitted while there, then my Calor will be redundant, although I will take a 6kg off you to keep as a spare (y)
thanks david will see you at chester

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
Jim can be held legally liable for anything posted that may be considered libelous.

the 'new member' was at risk of breaking the site rules ..hence my post.
Thank you Jim for the friendly explanation . I am , as pointed out a newbie . on this forum I have been told that I live in a shitehole , my wife studies in a dump been called a grass and now told that I'm too new to tell people what to do . strikes me as double standards .
When I post something , I am very careful as what to type because it is easier to cause offence with written words than when speaking face to face , when the tone of conversation can be better judged .
Edit . there are also a lot of racist comments that should worry Jim a lot more !

OP
OP
scouse272

scouse272

Free Member
Nov 15, 2014
golborne
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki 645
Exp
and thanks to everyone who replied,never even thought about council dump might go and have a look and as wildman says calor are clamping down

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back