Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
there are several companies now. atlas ,total, butagas ,if you goto a bottle plant they will fill your bottle about 110 dirham. i carry a maroc bottle, but if my spanish or what ever is low i tip the maroc in to it. whats left in the bottle i use as normal then when i change for a full one do it again. gradually he pressure equals in both and my bottle is nearly full.
i have an lpg hand pump but dont take it now its a bit bulky.
really i use the spanish as a spare while in maroc. keep changing the maroc bottle.
with a spanish and a maroc it usualy sorts me all winter.
but with an adaptor i can easily fill both in portugal if i need to.
isay if you or anybody is going to spain get a spanish bottle .when in maroc get a maroc you do need extra space to carry them but life is easier to exchange in spain r maroc.

malc.. just before tiznit on the agadir road there is asmall gas bottle filling place behind some houses or you should have filled in anza just before agadir.

May 22, 2008
Funster No
alan although as you say it is absolutely no problem to at least half fill your bottle this way [ maybe not with gaslow , and certainly not with low pressure hoses which it looks like in those photo's ] , I don't bother
it looked like a butagas bottle in the photo , what brands do they sell in maroc now ? used to be all french brands ; would be interested to know

so why not take a french bottle to just swop ; filling your locker with 2 gaslow bottles in spain or maroc seems a silly idea ...as I have stated elsewhere I only use the standard european thread so it would be easy just to run a french bottle

not that I am going back ...SHMBO loathes the place , each year I suggest going back but after 23 years I know the answer :Smile:

what I don't understand in those photo's is ...why not just connect up the bottle ? possibly he had just borrowed it from the shop to empty out , I ran an lpg powered vehicle for the winter on butane doing that , used a hand pump to fill the vehicle tank , took 3 bottles just nicely

and call the police ? so what , what would they do , laugh ?
It was not possible to just connect the bottle because of the way the Gaslows were fitted , to do with the refillable bit / hoses. he actually had a gas leak round the neck of the Gaslow bottle and couldn't remove the fitting to seal it, what would the police do, probably throw all 50 odd of us off the area that's what.:Eeek::Eeek:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
gas leak round the neck of the Gaslow bottle :ROFLMAO: yet another Gaslow leak :ROFLMAO: and people say do not use the adapters :Doh: :ROFLMAO:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
not sure what you mean when you say a gas leak around the neck of the gaslow bottle ; the gas bottle is a pressure vessel , doesn't have a neck

or do you mean that the gaslow bottle was faulty where the attachments are screwed in , in other words a manufacturing fault

and alan , all those brand are french , not maroccan ; why not just take a french bottle of one of these brands and swop ...if I remember the exchange rate that's above €10 , a little less than spain ; why bother with filling others?

and when did the police start worrying about things like that in maroc , health and safety doesn't exist there !

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
45 dirham used to be 3 quid. i dont go through france i carry one maroc to exchange and a spanish. i only top my spanish up. the moroccans want about 10quid to fill your english . i say buy a maroc bottle 10quid full and keep the bottle for next year . have had a maroc bottle for years . yes they are french but can you exchange a bottle from maroc some are like pastry cutters they are that bent. i try and keep a nice total bottle for france if i go. got it from our dump free and it was full of gas. someone bought a french vasn then decided foriegn gas could be dangerous. me and my neighbour both got full ones from the man. we were lucky to stop him handing them in. both came with pig tails for the new regs as well .nice one. he was right could be very dangerous for him to use in uk. we told him we was going abroad so it would be ok then. :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back