Free Member
Nov 17, 2009
Braintree. Essex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
3 years
I made up a 12volt lead for my tv but stupidly did not check polarity and the tv is now dead is it terminal or a simple repair

thanks

terry:Doh:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Dont suppose its still under guarantee is it?? :Blush:

Not that im suggesting you take it back to the shop and tell them its stopped working or anything :winky:, because if you did and it was less than 12 months old they would have to give you a new one, wouldnt they :Eeek:

Upvote 0

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Quite right too, that why I said i wasnt suggesting such a thing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tan

tan

Free Member
Nov 17, 2009
Braintree. Essex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
3 years
dead tv

Thanks for the help guys but it is out of gauratee and no visible fuse inside or out blown so it looks like a bin job

terry

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tan

tan

Free Member
Nov 17, 2009
Braintree. Essex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
3 years
does not light up or anything if transistor wouldnt it at least light up if not how do i find dead transistor

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
does not light up or anything if transistor wouldnt it at least light up if not how do i find dead transistor

Are you saying it's dead on the mains power supply ?

How do you find the dead part - you pull it apart and start tracing the circuit starting at the power connector. If you are very lucky you will smell and see a black lump of plast blown apart -- and you'll win the lottery too.

You could photograph the printed circuit around the power connector and post it here, but make sure it's a good pic.

Upvote 0

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ok, I have a glimmer of good news for you

Almost all units have an internal fuse and a protection circuit ( consisting of a single diode ! )

There is EVERY chance the diode has gone and the fuse along with it

Find someone in your area who has a little electronics know how and there is no reason why they could not fix it for less than a couple of quidlets

If all else fails, try the library and see if there is a local ham radio club, or better still an electronics club :Smile:

Upvote 0

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I thinkk this is a radio ham thing.. or an amateur thing at least

When I fixed such stuff for a living it would have cost someone about 30 beer tokens.. Nowadays, I would charge the cost of the parts

Good example. Spent a couple of years doing sat installs About £40 a time

Can you imagine if I charged someone to set up their sat dish on their van !! :ROFLMAO:

Mind you, I always get paid bloody well in scotch, grub and good company anyway so def am not complaining ! LOL !!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back