12volt Leisure battery Circuit not working (1 Viewer)

mervynedmunds

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Bridgend
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495 2005
Exp
I have a Bessacarr E495 My Leisure battery is fully charged but none of the 12volt circuit works when I switch to that circuit. If I switch to vehicle battery it all works, Hookup all works. I have tested the in circuit battery fuse and that is ok. There is an EMC relay which I think maybe the cause, however, I can't find any information on this. Can anyone help?

OP
OP
M

mervynedmunds

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Bridgend
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495 2005
Exp
12 volt battery system not working

Hi Ed - yes it is a Sargent sytem and the diagrams you pointed out are of my system. The emc relay is clearly shown but to find information as to what it does or how to test it is impossible

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Hi Ed - yes it is a Sargent sytem and the diagrams you pointed out are of my system. The emc relay is clearly shown but to find information as to what it does or how to test it is impossible

Hi Mervyn, the EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibilty) relay switches all your 12V circuits for safety reasons. You should hear it operate when you turn the vehicle ignition on, if you've left your 12V circuits on. Although it sounds like yours isn't making a connection to start with. You will probably need to find the EMC relay to test its operation. I would suggest it's in the Sargent distribution panel.
Good luck.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back