Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
Hoping someone may have translation/inspiration regarding fuses in Electroblock EBL 104-3

1999 Hymer

After travelling for several hours in rain we parked up (on EHU) lights on, boiler on, fridge on mains, after about half an hour lost 12volts, mains still on, started engine 12 volts restored temporarily, fiddled about in dark, turned everything off except 1 light waited til morning. Turned things on 1 at a time, fuse from leisure battery feed blew, 30 amp, took all fuses out of electroblock, replaced 30 a battery fuse, introduced other fuses 1 at a time, upshot is if I fit 25 amp fuse marked Grundlicht Trittstufe (step) 30 a leisure battery fuse blows, if I fit 15 amp fuse marked ABS-KS ohne Aes panel shows a constant 10 amp drain

Any ideas would be appreciated, the meaning of ABS-KS ohne AES would be very helpful

verywet in Brittany if I can sort this glitch will head south very soon!

thanks

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the step pivots are coated with gunge and crud, dismantle, clean and reassemble bolts WITHOUT oiling. the step should then work normally without drawing excessive power.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
feel for you, you have my kind of luck, can't really help with the translation but the AES could possibly be the fridge presuming you have auto energy selection on yours and the draw of 10A would be typical for a fridge on 12V maybe

I wish you the very best of luck and hope you get sorted and continue (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bhs

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
Yes I need the aes translation, had thought of the fridge it is not auto, the 12v selection switch makes no difference to current draw, fridge should only work on 12v with engine running, am aware relay may be stuck, don, t want to go down that road until I know that the fuse marked ABS-KS ohne AES actually relates to fridge supply

Can live without the step for the time being,

still raining!

OP
OP
bhs

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
Could it be that AES may be an abbreviation for Absorption
and Kuhlschr an abbreviation for the german word for fridge?

and ohne AES means without AES

just leaves the questions what is AES stand for, where is fridge relay?

still raing, this little tablet is driving me mad?

OP
OP
bhs

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
to simplify fridge 12v circuit draws 10 amps when switched off (shows on control panel in MH) why might that be?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
could be the relay is short circuit. run fridge on gas and remove the offending fuse until you have located and replaced the relay

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
ABS-KS might well be a float level switch? ohne AES means without AES.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Found a Dutch posting that suggests that maybe a "mass" earthing problem caused a problem which seemed related between his steps and fridge try adding a sure earth direct to the fridge as seen if a poor earth exists strange things happen, turn on indicators and wipers/brake lights etc can illuminate as power finds the easiest return to earth.

http://www.camperforum.nl/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8451530&start=0

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Have you by chance "twiddled" with "any" unrelated wiring or disturbed any recently ??

OP
OP
bhs

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
Pulled the two fuses mentioned and can continue journey with interior lights, pumped and heated water, flushing loo. Have lost water level indications, step, leisure battery status indication and I think 12v fridge operation.

when the sun shines will check existing wiring I did clean out behind fridge, will re earth fridge too, thanks everyone

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
It's you that's bringing the rain here then is it? Where in Brittany are you? Your welcome to park up on our driveway and get it sorted if it helps?

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
AES is the fuse for an Automatic Energy Selection fridge - Kühlschrank is German for fridge. On the later EBL99 / 100 models it is marked "Kompr. / AES Kühlschrank" for either Compressor or AES fridges.

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Hoping someone may have translation/inspiration regarding fuses in Electroblock EBL 104-3

1999 Hymer

After travelling for several hours in rain we parked up (on EHU) lights on, boiler on, fridge on mains, after about half an hour lost 12volts, mains still on, started engine 12 volts restored temporarily, fiddled about in dark, turned everything off except 1 light waited til morning. Turned things on 1 at a time, fuse from leisure battery feed blew, 30 amp, took all fuses out of electroblock, replaced 30 a battery fuse, introduced other fuses 1 at a time, upshot is if I fit 25 amp fuse marked Grundlicht Trittstufe (step) 30 a leisure battery fuse blows, if I fit 15 amp fuse marked ABS-KS ohne Aes panel shows a constant 10 amp drain

Any ideas would be appreciated, the meaning of ABS-KS ohne AES would be very helpful

verywet in Brittany if I can sort this glitch will head south very soon!

thanks
It'll be nice tomorrow, loads'a sunshine . . . . . Apparently

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back