12v Sky Pace Minibox help needed (1 Viewer)

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Sky will say that, but if you have sky multiroom you should be able to get all the channels subscribed to in your package. So long as you do not connect the sky box to a telephone line they cannot know where you are picking the signal up from so therefore should be able to use it in your motorhome. If you do not have multiroom, just use your normal skycard when away on your travels, just dont connect it to a landline telephone which at the end of the day is not going to happen in a MH. :)
Sky bullsh*t I've got one which I've had since we tugged (2000) and we intend fitting it in our van

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
May I say, just as an observation, what a faffing about, just to watch Sky !

Get a Manhattan HD Freesat box with or without the PVR. £44 or £109 with. To record you need a double INB with two coax 's
Works great no cards. I would vomit rather than subscribe to Skypewk. I know Off thread :rolleyes:

Thanks very helpful Not :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes NOT as I can get Bush with 500gb HD for £90 :p

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We are currently using our Pace box in Spain can get sky but not all as only using a 40cm dome but using our spare multi room card but paired it with the box you have to ring Sky and ask them to do it they don't like to but keep calling until you get an operator who will,best not to tell them you are using in your Motorhome.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Probably from the same Chinese factory and the normal price is £150
I tend to insist on Chinese these days to be sure of quality.
The Bush is 12 volts and has modest dimensions too Size H4.1, W28, D18.3cm, often important. I imagine the manhatten is quite demanding

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
We are currently using our Pace box in Spain can get sky but not all as only using a 40cm dome but using our spare multi room card but paired it with the box you have to ring Sky and ask them to do it they don't like to but keep calling until you get an operator who will,best not to tell them you are using in your Motorhome.

You can pair any box yourself using info from the Sky Menu. You do not need to call Sky to pair a box and you do not need the box connected to a phone line.

You can do it online now, Broken Link Removed

I think you may only be allowed to change boxes once per month.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Probably from the same Chinese factory and the normal price is £150
I tend to insist on Chinese these days to be sure of quality.
The Bush is 12 volts and has modest dimensions too Size H4.1, W28, D18.3cm, often important. I imagine the manhatten is quite demanding
Having googled, the dimensions AND the rear views are identical so off the same Chinese line for sure
Broken Link Removed
l_10011255_002.jpg

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
21 of 21 people found the following review helpful
Very Good
By Broken Link Removed on 16 Jan. 2012
I bought the bush freesat box from argos which looks exactly the same as this but the difference in quality is astonishing.
The bush cost £45 and wish I'd bought this manhatten first time round. Well worth paying the extra £35-£40.
It's easy to use and has a great HD picture. The HDMI cable is good and I am using this on a 24" LED TV in our bedroom.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Mine could not be better, maybe they stuck the wrong front on it at the factory :ROFLMAO:

BTW that carefully chosen review is of a lower spec model and I can find an equally damning review of the correct model against the Manhattan. I really don't think they will run a production line with two different sets of hardware. The cost of production is peanuts and the front is purely for marketing. If you believe your Manhattan is superior that is fine

Last edited:

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
A Sky card can be used in ANY Sky box without pairing for most sky channels apart from
Sky Sports
Sky Movies
Sky HD
and if Sky+ activated, recording of any sky pay channel.

If you have a "My sky" account you can now do the pairing yourself....
but if you are outside the UK, a uk vpn maybe required to mask that you are doing this outside the uk....

Got the multiroom card in but only getting freeview channels
Home for lunch now go back in hour have another go
Even with a sky card in the "wrong box" you should get some sky pay channels, and not just the "freeview" (should be free to air or free to view, since freeview is uk tv via a tv aerial!). Maybe you have the card in the wrong slot - if you are not getting sky pay channels, what is the on screen message saying....

"wrong card for this set top box" you are trying to watch sky sport or sky movies, which requires the card to be paired
"insert card" - you have the car din the interactive slot and not the viewing card slot - a common error!

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
A Sky card can be used in ANY Sky box without pairing for most sky channels apart from
Sky Sports
Sky Movies
Sky HD
and if Sky+ activated, recording of any sky pay channel.

If you have a "My sky" account you can now do the pairing yourself....
but if you are outside the UK, a uk vpn maybe required to mask that you are doing this outside the uk....

Even with a sky card in the "wrong box" you should get some sky pay channels, and not just the "freeview" (should be free to air or free to view, since freeview is uk tv via a tv aerial!). Maybe you have the card in the wrong slot - if you are not getting sky pay channels, what is the on screen message saying....

"wrong card for this set top box" you are trying to watch sky sport or sky movies, which requires the card to be paired
"insert card" - you have the car din the interactive slot and not the viewing card slot - a common error!

Thanks
Gonna have another go later today

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
you cannot put a card in any box as someone suggested as they are "paired" to each other. to get a card to work you can either:-

1. make your 12v box your main box and take it with you on the van when you go.
2. Make 12v box your 2nd box, get multi room and pair new card to the 12v unit, then you can permanently remove unit to the van with no problem.
I have a 12v box that my son swapped someone for months ago, not used it yet, but have it if I choose to use it.
My son also set up a rig for me if i choose to take my sky with me, which i dont as I am not that keen.
In fact just had a thought it is uncanny the amount of SKY equipment he has got me over the last few years and the knowledge he has about these systems. ................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back