12v Sky Pace Minibox help needed

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by Forestboy, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Managed to pick up a 12v pace skybox
    Fitted it in van eventually got it working. Using the card from spare room at home in the box.
    My question:
    What channels should I expect to be able to pick up and what satellite should I tune it too?
    Thanks

ps Rang Sky they said shouldn't be using it and cant have another card as its got to be registered to a fixed address.

2. Wickolad

Wickolad Funster

Sky will say that, but if you have sky multiroom you should be able to get all the channels subscribed to in your package. So long as you do not connect the sky box to a telephone line they cannot know where you are picking the signal up from so therefore should be able to use it in your motorhome. If you do not have multiroom, just use your normal skycard when away on your travels, just dont connect it to a landline telephone which at the end of the day is not going to happen in a MH. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Forestboy

Got the multiroom card in but only getting freeview channels
    Home for lunch now go back in hour have another go

4. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

Perhaps you need to set it up in your house first in place of a second box?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wickolad

Wickolad Funster

Friend of mine uses his this way. I'm expecting to see him later I'll ask if there is any 'tweeking' to be done and update you tomorrow. Someone else may have given you information by then but I will check. It may be down to the actual unit age/ configuration but I'll enquire on that. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wickolad

Wickolad Funster

Techno100 may well be right, you may need to connect box at home with card to update unit by connecting phone line in first instance.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

The reason you have only a few "freeview" channels is that your card is paired to the box it came from and will not work in the 12volt pace box to clear channels that you pay for. This is sky's way of stopping "card sharing". Put it back in the box it came from and when card see's box and sky see they are paired channels will clear again.
    The box you bought is ONLY for 28E ie: sky UK channels.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

DO NOT CONNECT phone line to box as then you are really buggered.

9. zebath

zebath Read Only Funster

Hi my first contribution! hope it makes sense and helps.(also gives me a chance to slag off cello TV)
    We had a 12v sky box with a sat dish on the roof. It had a sky card in it, and the opportunity to add a further sky card, to add additional sky channels ( at a cost!)
    With the one card (free to air) it would pick up most or all freesat channels when sat dish directed to ASTRA which I believe is the standard sat channel for uk connection! I think that if you wish to add additional channels i.e. sky sports or films etc you will need to buy a sky card at the extra cost.

We changed to a 12v tv with freeview internal we now get about 1 million channels world wide with about 10 worth watching !!! should have stuck with the 12v sky box the cello tv is poor quality with bad picture and c**p sound only acceptable by adding a sound bar/box.
    Hope I've hit the right note and this is of some help.(y)

• Like Like x 2
  10. seanoo

seanoo Funster

you can put your sky card in any box you like and get all your subscription channels except the premium ones which are sky sports and sky movies.

11. Wickolad

Wickolad Funster

Sorry I may not have explained what I meant adequately, i meant at home, in order for the sky box to be updated with any new software to enable card to work. I agree, once using in motorhome never connect phone line as I commented earlier. If this is a definate no no, then please disregard the suggestion. Hopefully someone with the right information can add to the post.:)

12. Wickolad

Wickolad Funster

Sorry Don Quixote, I missed your first comment, that makes sense. That friend of mine may well have used the multiroom box and the card in that case.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Forestboy

Be interested to hear how your friend set it up if you can find out please.
    Wont connect phone line.

14. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

Sorry to correct you, but you cannot use your sky card in any box. They are pairing boxes to cards and they will not clear ANY channels that are HD unless they are in the box they are paired too. By the end of this year they hope to stop any older boxes that are still out there and only have the "up to date" boxes that pair to card. As I have been in the "card sharing world" for many years I know this to be correct. If you doubt me google the subject about card pairing and card sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Forestboy

Well I think you're right because that's exactly what the guy from Sky said. When I asked if I could buy another card for the van No Way and he said I will only get freeview channels through this card which is exactly what's happening.
    Just wondered if anyone knew a way around it because the box is pretty limited like this.

16. balloonman

balloonman

We have got a pacebox with a multiroom card was not set up to the phone line and we can get all our sky channels down in Spain no problem
    Jon

17. davanne

davanne Funster

I have a sky subscription and sky paired the Multiroom card to my old pace 12v box when connected in the house I then used it in the Motorhome no problem . When I changed the motorhome my new van had a pace box already in so I tried the card in it and it worked and is still working with the card 14 months later getting all the channels I get in the house.

18. Gazza333

Gazza333 Funster

Can I ask how much you paid for your 12v pace box. sold mine years ago and now looking for another one

19. Techno

20. Techno