Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Having now collected my replacement motorhome we are in need of a 12v Sat receiver, anyone got one going spare, or a full suitcase jobbie maybe. the van is fitted with a dish but no conventional ariel so its another hole through the roof or get the sat set up. a motorhome with no working TV :Sad: got to get it sorted or change the motorhome, hee hee:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
TV

WE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT [MOTORHOME ] AS YOU BOUGHT A NEW VAN LAST YEAR GOT DISH ON ROOF BUT NO BOX WE HAD BOUGHT SUITCASE JOB FROM MAPLINS BUT COULDNT GET ANYTHING SO NOW GONNA TRY AGAIN:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Randonneur

Free Member
Mar 31, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
4 years
12v sat receiver

We bought one of these from Maplins 2 years ago for £39. It is 240v and 12v but we have only used it on 12v. Very easy to use and some preset channels.

Oct 1, 2009
Near Tenterden, Kent
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
Since 2009
Hate to post this on here :RollEyes: but there is a S/H Maxview 12v free to air receiver for sale on the MHF site. £50 IIRC.

I now await the wrath of the Funsters:Eeek:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Great news Roger. I want to see pictures of the new motorhome. Hope you have lots of fun in it.:winky:

Have you got any pictures?

So you will be taking it to Carmarthen?

Hope it is warm for when you get scalped.

I just popped into chat to speak to you, but you were not in there. That is very unusual for you, you live in there.::bigsmile:

Lesley

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
No photos yet Lesley and yes it will be at Carmarthen for the great unveiling, but then you know where it is parked don't you, hee hee but don't tell Sue I told you. and there was me thinking you were going to give me your dreambox, ha ha Am in chat now.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We bought one of these from Maplins 2 years ago for £39. It is 240v and 12v but we have only used it on 12v. Very easy to use and some preset channels.

can you please explain how you run it on 12V when it only has a 240V lead and no 12v input?
ah well back to the drawing board. More money down the pan.:Sad::Sad:

Randonneur

Free Member
Mar 31, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
4 years
12v satellite receiver

can you please explain how you run it on 12V when it only has a 240V lead and no 12v input?
ah well back to the drawing board. More money down the pan.:Sad::Sad:

It came with both a 240v lead/plug and also a 12v lead cigarette type plug. Because our van was already wired with a 12v lead we just plugged it in. The model number is
SL 30/12. Picture is of back of digibox, sorry it is not very good.

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 23

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Roger either take it back--- or get into the back and see what voltage it goes to after the 240 :thumb: mate reckons seeing that the first one went to 12v chances are high that yours will also run on 12v :thumb: go on Roger you know you want to do it :ROFLMAO:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back