12v plug (1 Viewer)

Aug 3, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
3 years campervan, many as a tugger
hi there - just back from a fabulous 4 weeks in the Western Isles and wild camping threw up a small problem.
Can anyone help me locate a plug for the 12v external socket on my 2011 Autocruise Tempo. You are meant to be able to use it to fill the fresh water tank from a water container and the last owner left the submersible pump but not the plug. I have tried the manufacturer and various dealers but had no joy so far.
Any fresh ideas would be appreciated.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Basically it is just 2 wires. The plug is available but it is a rediculous price for what is basically little bit of plastic and 2 metal pins. I also have an Autocruise PVC and just stick the 2 wires that are on the end of the pump direct into the socket. The only down side is someone needs to hold it in place.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
hi there - just back from a fabulous 4 weeks in the Western Isles and wild camping threw up a small problem.
Can anyone help me locate a plug for the 12v external socket on my 2011 Autocruise Tempo. You are meant to be able to use it to fill the fresh water tank from a water container and the last owner left the submersible pump but not the plug. I have tried the manufacturer and various dealers but had no joy so far.
Any fresh ideas would be appreciated.
What kind of socket? If it looks like a sort of miniature cig lighter socket it might be this one:

If you search eBay for "Hella 12v plug" you'll find plenty more. Or it could be:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I extended the cable and stuck a ciggy lighter plug on the end because the plugs are a stupid price and I had a ciggy lighter plug "in stock" (y)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks @tonyidle but it isn't anything like a normal 12v plug. It is sold by one of the manufacturers of water pumps/pipes etc. it is round, approx the size of a 20p piece and just had to round copper coloured pins approx 1/2 inch long. Will try and find a pic to post.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@scotjimland has posted whilst I was typing.

Given that the OP and myself only need the piece with the 2 pins £20 plus seems far too expensive for me!!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Being a bit of a tart, I made one for my daughter ..
Went to a model shop and bought a couple of bits of brass tubing the diameter of the pins.
I used a block of plastic but they could equally be mounted in a bit of wood.. Then just soldered the wires to the tubing

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Mine was 2 x split pins cut to length and held in by the screws in normal small chocolate block connectors two wires in the other side Bobs yer aunt,
Home made plug in under 5 mins, pin spacing was spot on too
crude but effective

OP
OP
Attila the Hen
Aug 3, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
3 years campervan, many as a tugger
Many thanks for all your replies. £20 nearly gave me heart failure. Follwed Geo's idea and made a working plug in under 10 mins with bits from the garage.
Thanks again

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back