12v not working,any suggestions please (1 Viewer)

dave met

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 7, 2014
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I am away for the weekend on e.h.u so all good,but I haven't got any 12v,left my meter at home but borrowed one from a kind gent next door and my battery is showing 12.7 v, would it be a main fuse as got no lights water pump nothing when I disconnected the mains e.h.u to try it,any suggestions would be great.

Ty Dave

rapido convert

Free Member
Feb 26, 2015
knutsford cheshire
Funster No
MH
A class rapido 996m
Exp
since 07
Hi dave, i dont know what type of van you have but it can only be a fuse or trip switch problem, on most motorhomes there is a fuse very near the battery which is encased in plastic with a opening door, there then is a strip fuse which looks like a 5mm wide 30mm long 1mm thick piece of lead held in place by two 8mm nuts the fuse is usually rated at 45amps.
I hope this helps you out
Andy.

OP
OP
dave met

dave met

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 7, 2014
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Thank you Andy it's a start,should have said I got a Carioca 656 year 06, fiat ducato

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Is there a master switch that needs to be switched on? In our Burstner we have one on the control panel. In the Autoquest we used to have there was one just inside the habitation door (so easily knocked if one wasn't careful).

OP
OP
dave met

dave met

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 7, 2014
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Thank you for the replies, after sitting down and going through it from the start I realised that on mine that you need to put a key in to turn the battery on for the 12 volts which I hadn't done and found it in my glove compartment,think my head was in the clouds yesterday at getting away for our first trip of the year,

Thank you for the quick response though in trying to sort the problem out

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back