12v hair driers (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The only way to dry your hair is a mains portable hairdryer running on a suitable inverter. It will draw 100A from the battery, but in practice we find 5 min is enough. Consumption is thus only around 10Ah, which the solar can recharge in 30mins to 2hr, dependent on how much you've got and whether the sun is shining. We both wash our hair every morning when we shower.
This is what we have done for years with no problems, admittedly neither of us has hair you could sit on.

celcat

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
12 v hairdryers are absolutely rubbish! I use a microfibre towel as well and if my hair really does look like I've stuck my finger in the socket I use either Babyliss gas tongs/brush or 12v straighteners. The straighteners are really good but you do need to be patient and do smaller sections than what you would at home. I usually do mine in the cab whilst he's driving!

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Do you use gas powered hair straightener ?

If so, what model?

can you tell us the model you use?
Hi Madison,

No I use std electric straighteners, tried the gas ones but didn't like them as they didn't get hot enough

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Baby bliss from boots compact mind this some time ago. but can still get refill cartridges from there good luck .
Boots & Argos still stock the Babliss styler there are two sizes standard at £20 and a larger one at £25, we have the smaller one in the van, takes a while to dry the boss's hair but it works, the gas cartridges last ages.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back