Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Fitting 12v .030ma propane gas alarm and closest 12v feed is probably a 12v lighting circuit does that make sense ?

OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Will make sure it's live feed from switch or around that area somewhere not looked yet , looking for a job to occupy a wet day with a new NASA LP alarm in my hand , nothing to do with (the) NASA Ha

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
Bear in mind I'm a complete newby, mid conversion, but for something so important I'd run it from the battery itself (appropriately fused)

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
How big is the cable to the alarm. it must be big enough to carry the lighting fuse amperage.
ie - 5 amp fuse - 5 amp cable - less than that and it could melt the cable before it blows the fuse - if a fault occurs in the alarm.

OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Yes am aware of that there's a 1 amp inline on gas alarm we don't want any melts going on I've given up on alarm now it's not really suitable
Thanks for your melt cable warning though
Thanks again

OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Well my original idea was that 4 weeks ago I went to Bristol for 5 days , well the weather rain and wind was terrible and a terrific drought was coming from hab step area so got home took inner step well board up & found 2 x 60 mm gas drop holes !! Ah that's it So blocked with foam and stopped droughts big time
The plan was then as gas drop holes are now blocked to fit the gas alarm!
There ( lowest area in van for possible propane accumulation)
Not one of my better ideas so scrap alarm idea ,give up & back to droughts feel safer now and crank heating up a tad !
Just worn my keypad finger out ! Ha

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Never made sense to me.
If a draught is coming in from the vents there must be a slight pressure increase from outside (wind)
HOW can any gas escape when the draught is pushing it back in ?

If the vents are in the step riser (upright) could you fit a few inches of convoluted plastic pipe angled downwards to the outside to act as a baffle and reduce or almost eliminate the draught.
Convolution will cause turbulence and slow down incoming airflow without effecting gas drop.

OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Yes very good idea but to be fair the weather was really awful
There's another draught the other end i.e. Coming from seat wells , not looked yet but Ime told it comes from seat belt square tubes coming from fixings chassis area
Think I should toughen up a bit !
Anywhere above ankles is toasty but bottom 3 inches above floor area mm not nice !!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Back to the OP. My gas alarm is wired to the water pump, as a convenient connection. It also means that the alarm is off when the MH is stored (water pump off). Theres no point in powering an alarm if nobody's there to hear it.

OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
I did consider that , rather I looked in the cupboard but had already semi gone off the alarm idea by then , not like me really must be having an off day/week ha .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back