12v electrics problem

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by mickcoleman427, Jun 15, 2014.

1. mickcoleman427

mickcoleman427 Read Only Funster

My 12v electrics in my bessacarr have me beaten - not difficult. Lights and water pump work but water heater and plug sockets don't. Have changed all fuses but still the same problem. On top if this fridge won't work on mains electric. Fed up

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

I realise you cant reply but.......

What fuses have you changed ?....there are no fuses for the 230v circuits, only circuit breakers/trip switches in the 230v main fuse box.

Obviously230v socket outlets and water heater only work on 230v...not 12v (battery)

As the fridge wont work on hookup as wel i would say the main breaker in the 230v fusebox has tripped....which also means your battery charger isnt working either.

To geive us more info or ask questions you need to part with £10 to become a full member....it will repay you many times over in money saving advice and help.

• Like Like x 2
  3. cmcardle75

cmcardle75 Read Only Funster

It sounds like the 12V electrics are working fine. It is the 230V ones that have you beat. Something is stopping the 230V getting to your appliances. Check the hookup cable. Check the circuit breakers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. oldun

oldun Read Only Funster

There is obviously much confusion here between 12V and 240V electrics.

I assume that you were on ehu when you tried to get thind to work!

First check that there is 240V at the van end of the ehu, then check that all circuit breakers are in the "on" position. Press the test button on the control box, if there is power at the box the circuit breaker should open.

If that doesn't work you will need some serious help from someone far more expert than yourself.

5. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Where abouts are you Mick ?
    You have put your surname as your location ( and yessssss.. I did not notice that to start with and tried to google the town of Coleman !! )