12v electrics help in Preston, Lancs (1 Viewer)

Gollom

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 (1994) - Hetty
Exp
Since 2014
Are there any members local to me in Preston who would be happy to pop in and take a look at Hetty's 12v electrics/offer advice? Tea & chocolate hobnobs plus cash or beer tokens of course!

Sometimes they work, sometimes not so I suspect a dodgy wire somewhere. I'd also like to establish state of battery, capacity of solar panel etc. to ensure I can go EHU free!

Many thanks

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Are you doing any meets or shows Steve and Sue ?

We are at Lincoln end of September.. Happy to take a gander for you mate

OP
OP
Gollom

Gollom

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2014
Sadly, not doing any shows as tied up almost every weekend!! But thanks for the thought

Just got back from my mechanic whose skills (although many!) do not include electrics, And getting Hetty to another workshop is a problem due to my work hours.

Anybody local to Preston be wiling to pop along and take a look for me? We want to go on our first trip very shortly and really need someone to take a look for us?

Anybody?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Sadly, not doing any shows as tied up almost every weekend!! But thanks for the thought

Just got back from my mechanic whose skills (although many!) do not include electrics, And getting Hetty to another workshop is a problem due to my work hours.

Anybody local to Preston be wiling to pop along and take a look for me? We want to go on our first trip very shortly and really need someone to take a look for us?

Anybody?

Could you send me your contact details please.

OP
OP
Gollom

Gollom

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2014
Bit more detail on what Walt discovered

There was a "live" 13 amp plug floating around (yes, really!), the cabling to the knackered 2nd battery was melted/oxidised, the air suspension was wired on a wing and a prayer with suspected seized pump so now disconnected (which will sort things there I hope!) and seems every fuse had been swapped for one of a different value! We are hoping that the primary leisure battery is OK so just need to replace the secondary.

Stop Press: Perceived wisdom seems to be that it is best practice to replace both batteries at same time, so they are on order and Walt has kindly agreed to help fit them including new cables to the secondary. Hope that is it - whilst we built-in contingency funds, don't want to spend much more.

BTW - anybody know how I can establish what wattage my solar panel is?

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Sifta Sam
What a man
If he can't do it
No one can!

True gentleman who helped me loads

Thanks very much for the kind but obviously true comments, but you should have really waited until I have submitted my final invoice, which will include the historically expected Naval 'weeks tot'. ( Only joking, apart from the 'weeks tot')

OP
OP
Gollom

Gollom

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2014
I am guessing 1.5M x 1M looking out of the bedroom window! Throwing down at moment so can't get up there :(

Just popped up and measured (no sign of label etc.) - panel is 1000 x 450. So much for my "guess"!

Any idea what capacity that would be please?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back