12V Electrics for beginners 1-5 sept (1 Viewer)

Nov 21, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A class
Exp
since 2007
12 v electrics

Sorry!
Can't make it after all. New family committment.
Regards
Yoolie :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Public as in if we sue you for taking us to a dangerous site.....

Or you pay up if we knock over a marquee ?

If a rally marshal parks you too close to another that catches fire. If the club marquee blows down and trashes someones motorhome, that type of thing. :Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If a rally marshal parks you too close to another that catches fire. If the club marquee blows down and trashes someones motorhome, that type of thing. :Smile:

Gotcha. Protection for FUN staff errors rather what FUNsters get up to. Well you'd never afford insurance for what FUNsters get up to, would you.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Sorry Roger won't be able to make it, but maybe you will change your mind and have one next year.

Norman

littlevanfan

Free Member
Jun 4, 2010
BRISTOL
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
3 years
Don't worry I'm bringing my ambulance!

Have you got A&E on alert ?

Medi-Heli laid on.

Defibrillator.

CE high voltage safety boots and gloves for all.

Loads of appropriate fire extinguishers.

Check the date on your your first aider's certificate.

Make sure your Health and Safety Officer is known to all and carrying his/her ID card.

Ample copies of course contract and risk limitation form.

Double check any solder in use is lead free, an easy one to miss.

Since you mention alcohol, line up breathalysers to ensure everyone is alcohol free when working with electricity.

Can't be too careful, we are talking electricity here. Be prepared.
Not to worry I'll be bringing my ambulance
Full lights & sirens - I'm sure we can have the old be fib wired back up by the end of the weekend! :thumb:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Sorry Roger won't be able to make it, but maybe you will change your mind and have one next year.

Norman
sorry Norman not possible, as the land owner I have been deemed unsuitable, but if someone else wants to organise it I'll do the talk unless that is also unsuitable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Just bumping it up for you Roger

Norman
thanks Norman but no need the funsters start to arrive tomorrow, any that turn up on spec will be accomodated as there is plenty of room. May just be the last Fun Rally at the Lazy Buzzard. Next door is dearer but at least I'll be allowed to organise a rally there.

kkclassic

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
South Coast
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi Roger

Sorry to have to say that I will have to cancel due to family illness. I was looking forward to learning the secrets of electrikery.

Kevin

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Ilfracombe Fun meet and Rally

There has been doubt expressed as to this meet. Funsters start arriving Today. The weather is great and 10 day forecast is for dry weather, (Just as I ordered. Movan does not call me Mr sunshine for nothing, hee hee)
It IS a fun meet and rally all are welcome, too late to book now so just turn up there is room for 500+ plus vans so no shortage of space. RV's welcome. Bring plenty of food and drink and have a great end of season party. Oh yes and there is a 12V seminar thown in free for those that want it. See you all there. It is a great stopping off point ready for shepton as well.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
There has been doubt expressed as to this meet.

Give over.

No-one doubts you, have a bit of FUN of course but that's obligatory round here.

Bargain site fee. Sunshine. Expert tuition in the black art of Electricity.

No doubts.

"More current Egor, more current. It Lives."

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
first three on site so marquee erecting crew sorted. Only the final 5 legs to go one the rest I managed myself this afternoon. I also sorted out some of the instrumentation. Where did that lot come from.
I hope the rest will be sorted in time. A radio microphone should enable those at the back to hear as well as those at the front. Now who has brought the banana yum yum??????????????
a89b5855.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
sorry roger have a family problem can't get down this time but hope to met up some time bill and lynn

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
due to many cancellations and late arrivals The seminar will be held back a day so will now be ~Sunday and Monday. If you cannot attend please let me know so that we are not waiting for you. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Well we waited until Sunday for latecomers, but no one else showed up, a 50% turn out was somewhat disappointing. However those that did mange to make it have done very well indeed.
56593407.jpg

There was no need of the Ambulance provided by "littlevanfan", hee hee
30f45a4c.jpg

Two members managed to sort some electrical problems on site, well done to them both. The sun is shining and several of the members are comatose in their chairs after drinking my home made wine
5a9b94eb.jpg

The repaired Marquee with its splendid ned window replacing panels housed the seminar
f21b09f0.jpg

I hope everyone has enjoyed it as much as I have. looking out of the window now I see the BBQ's coming out, they are going to make it a meet to remember, one without mud, hee hee.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Well we waited until Sunday for latecomers, but no one else showed up, a 50% turn out was somewhat disappointing. However those that did manage to make it have done very well indeed.
56593407.jpg

There was no need of the Ambulance provided by "littlevanfan", hee hee
30f45a4c.jpg

Two members managed to sort some electrical problems on site, well done to them both. The sun is shining and several of the members are comatose in their chairs after drinking my home made wine
5a9b94eb.jpg

The repaired Marquee with its splendid ned window replacing panels housed the seminar
f21b09f0.jpg

I hope everyone has enjoyed it as much as I have. looking out of the window now I see the BBQ's coming out, they are going to make it a meet to remember, one without mud, hee hee.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Roger glad it all went well and everyone enjoyed themselves and learned something of value for the future.
Keep up the good work.

Norman

Alemo

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Chesham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1990
Glad I joined

I joined MOTORHOME FUN just to go to this meet, I'm very glad that I did.
It was very interesting and most people learnt something. It certainly brushed up our knowledge of 12v electrics. Thank you Roger for being such a good host, the wine was excellent.
Alec and Gina

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
just arrived home from this meet, had a great stay, Roger and Sue were great hosts and hopefully we understand our electrics a little bit more than we did.
Thanks Roger, Sue and all the other funsters we met there

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Our first rally with the Funsters.
Very enjoyable although electromagic is still a black art to me :Doh:. My thickness and not Roger's who's lessons were very interesting.

Great 'dog walk' would be a credit to many a full size campsite!!

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Well the hay is cut and in the barn. The marquee took 2 days to dry out despite constant sun in the daytime, it was the low cloud and morning dew that kept it wet. Not a funster in sight and I miss them. [HI]Thanks so much for coming down and joining me [/HI]we had fun and made some new drinking buddies, hey I could get into this drinking lark. I hope its not the last fun rally on the site, next year the WC will be fitted and thinking of a dog kennel/run so funsters can leave pooch behind when required. The wildlife kept everyone busy with binoculars, watching a flock of gold finches as well as the buzzards. I will upload photos as soon as Jim creates an album.

GRUMPY OLD GIT

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 8, 2011
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Started in1974 with a converted London ambulance
Lazy Buzzard Meet

Just returned home from the Lazy Buzzard in sunny North Devon.
Thank You to Roger and Sue who were brilliant hosts and made everyone feel welcome.
Rogers electrical seminars were very informative and I now have a far better idea of how it all works and what connects to what and why.
We want to install solar panels on our van,now thanks to Rogers input I feel confident doing it myself.Thanks also to Malcolm and Anne who having just installed panels on "Archie" were also a goldmine of information.
Whilst there we managed a lovely walk down to Woolacombe though the hill and our old legs dictated a taxi back up,plus we enjoyed a thrilling bike ride down the cycle path to Ilfracombe
Thanks again to Roger and Sue for a great meet.

Bob and Jenny.
:thumb::thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Well the hay is cut and in the barn. The marquee took 2 days to dry out despite constant sun in the daytime, it was the low cloud and morning dew that kept it wet. Not a funster in sight and I miss them. Thanks so much for coming down and joining me we had fun and made some new drinking buddies, hey I could get into this drinking lark. I hope its not the last fun rally on the site, next year the WC will be fitted and[HI] thinking of a dog kennel/run so funsters can leave pooch behind when required. [/HI]The wildlife kept everyone busy with binoculars, watching a flock of gold finches as well as the buzzards. I will upload photos as soon as Jim creates an album.

Hi Roger ..

sounds like your seminar it was a great success .. your idea for a dog pound is a great idea, I'm sure it would prove popular .. :thumb:

Probably a bit premature, but we would like to visit next summer for perhaps three or maybe four weeks , this would be the end of July start of August .. If you are looking for caretakers for the CL next summer during that period we would be more than happy to help out..

all the best :Smile:

Jim 'n Jan

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Rally Album please Jim

Further to earlier email, could you open a rally album for this one please Jim. Thanks

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Roger, sorry for the delay... There is now and Album called "Wildmans 12V Rally":thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back