Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
There are a lot of threads about 12v electric at the moment. I have not got any 12v appliance so I was wondering what people have running on this system. What are the best and what are a joke

Ronidog

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
No problem running lights, TVs, Satellite systems etc on 12v. All charging of phones, tablets etc is fine in 12v.

There are ways of running (mains) hairdryers, straighteners and microwaves on 12v, but you need a fair investment in additional equipment. Those that run directly on 12v are not very effective

Heating on 12v is a total nono though.

Odd you don't have any 12v appliances though, a motorhome that needs (as opposed to being able to use it if available) mains is a bit limiting.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Dont bother with anything which produces heat....hair driers/straighteners, kettles, any kind of heaters etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
1.5 litre Slow cooker with an inverter which plugs into a cigarette lighter works a treat
Place the slow cooker in the sink when driving and arrive at your destination with a nice hot meal

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
Posted in a hurry without full information.

yes my pump and fridge are 12v The tv runs off 12v but that is plugged into the only actual socket I have, stuffed in a cupboard and useless for a battery charger or anything else.

I ask the question just in case I am missing out on something and should be investing in some more sockets :)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
A few extra sockets might be useful. I have fitted an extra three, added to the three fitted as standard though one is dedicated to the TV, and hope to fit a couple more in a week or two. The current sockets have multiway adaptors plugged into them, mainly for charging things (2x phones, 2x Kindles, 2x tablets, 1x laptop, 2x cameras etc) and running the three satnavs and the mifi of course. The dashcam is permanently wired in and ignition controlled so at least that doesn't need a socket :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back