12ELE2000 head unit (1 Viewer)

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
I have the above dreaded head unit fitted to my Autotrail. It has been recently repaired following a non responsive screen. We are now away and another problem has arisen. I tuned in TV on arrival, no problem. I have since tried to retune but TV is "locked" to last chance watched. I cannot access the menu now. I press the menu button on the remote, it beeps but nothing is displayed. I can't even find the menu directly on the head unit. DVD and other functions work. I have reset but no avail.
Instructions useless.
Any clues please.

OP
OP
Bognor Saint
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Thanks Tonga. I have used this reset button but I'm not sure if it is a full reset as the instructions allude to. It should reset radio but all stations remain, it just switches off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
History of this useless bit of kit is all bad, we had three replacements non of which were any good, Autotrail washed their hands of them and stopped dealing with the manufacturous, unfortunately that left you the customer £999.00 out of pocket.

There are lots of double din players out there, if you bought the Motorhome from new I would ask the dealer for a full refund and or come to some arrangement as we did and get a replacement unit of a different make.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We had one of those on our AutoTrail, bought new in 2012.
It gave loads of problems and was changed under warranty for the newer 13ELE version.
That unit worked very well and was still OK when we traded the van in.
Might be worth asking if the dealer can source on of those unite and swop it although I know others have had problems with those too.

Richard.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bognor Saint
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
History of this useless bit of kit is all bad, we had three replacements non of which were any good, Autotrail washed their hands of them and stopped dealing with the manufacturous, unfortunately that left you the customer £999.00 out of pocket.

There are lots of double din players out there, if you bought the Motorhome from new I would ask the dealer for a full refund and or come to some arrangement as we did and get a replacement unit of a different make.

Good luck.
No, we did not buy it new. We bought it in October when it was just over 3 years old. To be fair to the dealer they spotted that there was a problem with the unit at handover and later arranged the first repair. It is now waiting for the latest fault to be seen to. Having now read a lot about this unit it does seem like a pile of poo and will no doubt throw up more issues.
I'm not too bothered about the bluetooth connectivity to work but I want the Sat Nav, DVD,radio and TV to function. I don't think that even the later 13 model is available to upgrade to. What other units are available on a like for like basis?

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
No, we did not buy it new. We bought it in October when it was just over 3 years old. To be fair to the dealer they spotted that there was a problem with the unit at handover and later arranged the first repair. It is now waiting for the latest fault to be seen to. Having now read a lot about this unit it does seem like a pile of poo and will no doubt throw up more issues.
I'm not too bothered about the bluetooth connectivity to work but I want the Sat Nav, DVD,radio and TV to function. I don't think that even the later 13 model is available to upgrade to. What other units are available on a like for like basis?

Oh heavens there are so many to choose from, have a look here http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/head-units/double-din

You might find one that will even take a feed from the reversing camera.

Personally I would go for a separate GPS unit, we have the Avtex Camper 660 LMT-D which we think is fantastic, also the upgrades all come free for life. so a whole lot easier to updates maps.

Upvote 0
Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
We had one of those on our AutoTrail, bought new in 2012.
It gave loads of problems and was changed under warranty for the newer 13ELE version.
That unit worked very well and was still OK when we traded the van in.
Might be worth asking if the dealer can source on of those unite and swop it although I know others have had problems with those too.

Richard.
That unit is still working OK I can confirm (n)(n)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bognor Saint
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Update.
Motorhome returned to dealer last week. Head unit sent off to Les Evans (nominated repairer for Autotrail units)
I'm waiting for the call to tell me all is well!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bognor Saint
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
I picked up the Motorhome yesterday. The head unit had been returned from the repairers. Apparently fitted with a new tuner. After a couple of false starts( not all connections made firm when it was refitted)all seems ok.
Watch this space.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Or 12ELE was replaced at c24 months old with a 13ELE. Better but not great.
We too use a standalone sat nav (Garmin 760) as it's much better.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bognor Saint
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Or 12ELE was replaced at c24 months old with a 13ELE. Better but not great.
We too use a standalone sat nav (Garmin 760) as it's much better.
Like you we use a stand alone sat nav as well.
The trouble with this unit is that it's a jack of all trades and master of none.
We don't want to lose the tv/DVD function as this sends its signal to the drop down monitor. I don't want a useless monitor and then have buy a TVs as well. I will see how we go. I am still covered by the warranty until October and so far the dealer has been very good.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Like you we use a stand alone sat nav as well.
The trouble with this unit is that it's a jack of all trades and master of none.
We don't want to lose the tv/DVD function as this sends its signal to the drop down monitor. I don't want a useless monitor and then have buy a TVs as well. I will see how we go. I am still covered by the warranty until October and so far the dealer has been very good.

Yeh, we occasionally use the drop down monitor but as we normally use the cab seats swivelled round we have another TV mounted above our passenger travelling seats.
Keep on at the dealer and if you can't get a satisfactory solution from them with the 12 \ 13ELE unit I'd push them to fit an alternative unit foc as they did notice the issue at handover.
Best of luck.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bognor Saint
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Picked up the MH from storage this evening as we are going to VanBitz on Thursday for an alarm.
Head unit dead! Nothing working. . All was well after the repair.
Fuses checked. No response to reset button.
Call to dealer tomorrow Asaph.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bognor Saint
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Update
We called in at the dealers on route to VanBitz. They confirmed that the unit is dead, power in but sod all out.
They do not want to waste further money on a repair so they will replace with another unit and we have agreed what functions I want it to have.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Update
We called in at the dealers on route to VanBitz. They confirmed that the unit is dead, power in but sod all out.
They do not want to waste further money on a repair so they will replace with another unit and we have agreed what functions I want it to have.
Sounds like a result for you.(y)(y)

Upvote 0

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Update

Name and praise that dealer

First class result. (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bognor Saint
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
My reply at last. It's taken a while to get to this point ( a bit of haggling and arm twisting) but I now have a new head unit fitted. The dealer has fitted a Pioneer Avic - F980 dab camper version. An impressive unit. So, at last I am happy.
The dealer is Freeborn, Southampton.

Upvote 0

Amer

Free Member
May 5, 2023
Funster No
MH
"Don't own one yet"
Hi,
new on this forum.
does anyone have this 12ELE2000 sitting in a garage shelf not working please message me.
requiring a unit for spare parts.

Amer

Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Amer Back in the day these people used to repair them, it may be worth contacting them to see if they can help with some spares. My old unit went to the tip.

Just to let folks know that we are now the official repairs and spares centre for out of warranty repairs to all of the Autotrail Audio Visual products such as the 12ele2000 etc

Les Evans & Son Ltd
Unit 2 No 93
Whitchurch Road
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
SY1 4EQ
01743 450457

Upvote 0

Amer

Free Member
May 5, 2023
Funster No
MH
"Don't own one yet"
Many thanx for replay,
I repaired the unit last year for a faulty DVD drive Les evens supplied the new laser.
The unit belongs to a customer were the battery was disconnected in the motor home and radio failed to come.
I have traced the area of the fault and have been in touch with Les evens were a bit reluctant to give tech support and advised to send the unit to in for repair.
As the customer is selling the motor home has opted to replace the unit.
The unit is still on my work bench so i will fight on to fix this dam thing...lol

Amer

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back