Calex

Free Member
Aug 6, 2012
East Kent
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Hi all, I have an Elddis coach built on a Pug Boxer chassis on a 55 plate, it has 2 12 volt outlets in the cab, a cigarette lighter and a 180 output one, the cigarette lighter works fine but I can't get the other one to work! I have checked the fuses in the left and right internal fuse boxes and also the one under the bonnet but all fuses are fine, can anyone point me to what else I could check! :Sad:

Many thanks

Steve

OP
OP
C

Calex

Free Member
Aug 6, 2012
East Kent
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Will try to have a look for one tomorrow, hope it's easier to get to than when I changed the radio:whatthe:

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Good luck !

also, when checking fuses you should use a multimeter set to continuity or OHM's as fuses (usually cheap Chinese ones) can blow right at the end of the fuse blade where it cant easily be seen.

I needed to check one the other day and when I pulled it out the plastic cover came off the fuse leaving the blade still in the fuse box..... Chinese crap !

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi all, I have an Elddis coach built on a Pug Boxer chassis on a 55 plate, it has 2 12 volt outlets in the cab, a cigarette lighter and a 180 output one, the cigarette lighter works fine but I can't get the other one to work! I have checked the fuses in the left and right internal fuse boxes and also the one under the bonnet but all fuses are fine, can anyone point me to what else I could check! :Sad:

Many thanks

Steve

We had a similar situation in our 04 plate Elddis Autoquest 100. It appears that, in some cases, the wiring in of the socket is removed during the conversion process. We found it easier to buy a multi-socket adapter for the odd occasion when we needed to use two appliances when driving.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
We had a similar situation in our 04 plate Elddis Autoquest 100. It appears that, in some cases, the wiring in of the socket is removed during the conversion process. We found it easier to buy a multi-socket adapter for the odd occasion when we needed to use two appliances when driving.

Our previous 06 Elddis Autoquest 600 was also exactly the same.........:cry:

It's an Elddis thing.....................................:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Same base vehicle as mine I think, mine being a 2004 Peugeot 2.2
I discovered that the handbook is in fact incorrect about which fuse is which in relation to the cig and accessory skts.
They are both in the left hand fuse box

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
You're in luck, I found the post I made about this elsewhere

"Also Ducato, Relay. Not ALL manuals are wrong but my 2004 one is

My 2004 boxer has never had both 12 volt cab sockets live since I bought it.
I finally had time to investigate more thoroughly having failed to solve the problem last time.
The answer was incorrect information in the owners handbook, as well as quite a loose fitting fuse on the 15 amp for which I just squeezed the holders closer together.
The cigarette lighter is listed as fuse 44 15amp and the power socket as fuse 52 20amp, this is actually completely the opposite in reality.
The power socket marked 180 watt maximum is fuse 44 15amp and the cigarette lighter is 52 20amp. The wiring size to each corresponds correctly with this."

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back