Baggers53

Free Member
Dec 30, 2013
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I would like to fit a 12v led striplight in / under my Fiamma awning.

how easy is this to do???

any idea of where to buy and cost???

Thanks Mike

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Hi
I once bought a reel of leds from flea bay -they were approx £11 as i recall -there is loads to choose from-they were the waterproof ones -self adhesive -worked well for a while and then started to fail over the first winter.So removed them -I think they need to be further encased to keep the weather out.
I have used them successfully internally to replace flourescent strips and add extra dimmable lighting.

Upvote 0

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I bought some LED strip lights like these:

The main advantage being that you can adjust the colour and the brightness so that you don't have to blind your neighbours with bright lights at night.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Fiamma actually sell them specifically to fit their awnings. Several different type depending upon where you want to fit them on the awning. I suspect the biggest difficulty is getting the power to them.

I have found that Johns Cross is usually the cheapest for Fiamma stuff

Upvote 0

stevoblogs

Free Member
Oct 7, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting power to them is relatively simple, depending on what motorhome you own. I'll warn you now it's not for the faint hearted as it will probably endevour using a drill!

Once the hole is made you can run all the cables you want out there then simply fill the hole!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

dac5

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
york
Funster No
MH
peugeot boxer
Exp
march 2014
Hi Mike,
The awning light on our motorhome was full of water and rusty too.
I wanted to fit led and bought 2 metres of good quality water proof warm white led's off the bay.
I was going to fit it under the awning on the near side, Though after driving down some narrow lanes and catching some hedges etc..
I decided to fit the led's down the side of the door frame with super sticky silicone, The edge of the door protecting the led's.
I used the original hole for the wiring and re soldered the led's with white wire so as not to show and fitted a switch for it inside a cupboard.
works a treat and is very very bright, I may at some time in the future shorten the led's. cost about £30
hope this helps
Dean

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back