12 volt batteries

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Heyupluv, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

What is the difference between a 12volt ..110amp lead acid battery purchased in England ...and a 12volt ..110amp lead acid battery purchased in France ??????

Mel:Doh:

2. Robinhood

Robinhood Read Only Funster

About 100 euros? :Confused:

3. Heyupluv

Yes I know that !!!!!! :Angry:...But I am not on about the price I am talking about the battery.

Mel

4. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

Nowt except the instructions on the French batteries will be in French :Wink:

5. Robinhood

Sorry!!! :Eeek:

One gives 110 amp/hour at 12 volts, the other gives 110 ampere/heure at 12 voltes. :Cool:

6. sedge

sedge Funster

We had to buy one for the Motorbike once, years ago. (in Le Mans funnily enough)

It was cheaper in France, and the people at the shop were very helpful, and they had some very nice pale blue leathers I would have liked, that I certainly hadn't seen in England.

Does that help at all?

7. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Not one bit.

Ziltch.

Nowt.

Sweet FA.

8. Heyupluv

Well Brian I am glad you said that:thumb:, as with many other funsters....you and other funsters are thinking the same as me.....well while we have been out in Brittany (and we are still out in the motorhome but working our way back home to Pas de Calais region) we met another Brit Motorhomer struggling with lack of 12v power....he has no solar panel just a 1kw genny ...but worried to put it on because of the noise (Honda 1kv…when we was parked next to him on a Aire when there was just the two of us …we did not know he had the genny on)….…prior to us meeting he had run his engine on the motorhome for a hour one evening as was told off by a German…bloody cheek…it is his first time in France ?????... and he has not been on any Ehp.....he said his leisure battery was down and knackered....called to collect a new one while in France and was told they are the WRONG Polarity....?????:Doh::Doh::Rofl1:.... so no good for his British motorhome...(CI Mizar Gt...I think is Italian??)............it seems the French do not want to sell there batteries even at the high price the ask for them!!!!!

Mel :thumb:

9. Robinhood

Should have made up a reversed polarity lead hardhat (oops....better not start that again, even as a joke) :Rofl1:

10. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

probably meant the terminals are reversed and offset to one side would mean leads were too short maybe???????????

11. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

Left hand drive Batteries ? :BigGrin:

12. weymard

weymard Read Only Funster

:Rofl1::Rofl1: that's funny ! yeah in France we have a left side battery :Rofl1::Rofl1:

Seriously, it is possible that the connectors are not the same as, for example, the U.S battery and European (I mean continental ...:Rofl1:) battery they connectors are different.

But the polarity is the same :Rofl1::Rofl1:

13. 1Oll

1Oll Read Only Funster

French Battery

Lets be Franc (sorry) it may smell of Garlic. The pos and neg may be left hand drive. You will need to top up with red wine. It may not charge until you change the alternator to a Renault ernator. It will have a short fuse it's French. It will have plenty of Ampere’s You will need a little more Espace. It should be Simca to fit it. I hope you are Able to put it under the Bonnet. It should work your CD. Using a French battery will Herald a new Eureka moment. I hope you don’t Koch it up.
    Encore.

Regards Brian.

Spot the French Cars!

More info.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_cars

14. Heyupluv

Thanks to all who replied, and like you I like a good laugh :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: and thought some of the replies brilliant :thumb::thumb:.......... I just found what the motorhomer had told me so bizarre ??:Eeek::Eeek:

Mel:thumb: