12 Ridiculous Photoshop Fails (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
This week marks the 25th birthday of Photoshop, the Adobe software that was created back in 1988 so that people could enhance their images.
Sadly the software has become synonymous with celebrities and fashion houses using it to produce ridiculously tiny waistlines and slim thighs, leading to the inevitable ‘Photoshop Fail’.
Here is a collection of fails from people who clearly didn’t get the memo on how to use Photoshop correctly!

http://news.filehippo.com/2015/02/12-ridiculous-photoshop-fails/nggallery/image/no-reflections/

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Photoshop is a brilliant tool which I use all the time, however just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should! Effective use of PS needs a lot of training and practice and its use should NOT be obvious to the viewer.

You can always tell when someone has found how to use different fonts on Word when you see posters with about 10 different fonts on them!

KH

Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
Photoshop...... Effective use of PS needs a lot of training and practice and its use should NOT be obvious to the viewer.
KH

I understand what you say, and why you say it, to a degree i agree with you but, It's a photographic tool and we all use tools in different way's.
Its a little like saying you should only drink dry red with Beef.
I use photoshop because i shoot .raw images and i want those that view the photo to see it how i envisioned.
For me, photography is a hobby, in particular Underwater Photography, my underwater equipment is what some people would call stupid money, but for me, quality equipment is what i need. Yes we can all take great shots with our i Phones but if we want control over what we produce then we tend to buy more technical stuff.
The great artists of the past did not sit facing their subjects and paint a finished product, they left out what spoilt their scene so you did not see whatever object was in their eyes spoiling the Art.
So use it anyway you like, if i dont like it, i wont look at it.
This is one of my underwater shots.
The subject is a Sea Slug (Nudibranch) sitting on a plant leaf, it is maybe 5-10mm.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Flabellina_sp_A16_6148ff.jpg
    Flabellina_sp_A16_6148ff.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 43

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I used this image (and others) to teach school pupils about Photoshop fakery. It's an Iranian missile launch. Note how the failed launch in the bottom picture has been replaced with a clumsy composite of those either side.

iran-missiles_2095645i.jpg

After showing them this image, and an intro to clone brushing, I used to get them to alter a squeeky clean image of Britney Spears to look like she was covered in zits (ie the opposite of what the magazines did). They loved it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back