12/240 or get a 3way ? (1 Viewer)

Dereckerick

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Merseyside
Funster No
Exp
Evening funsters

Im in the process of getting all of the details for the summer holiday sorted. We're not heading abroad in the MH this year as a new born is about to be with us (next few days). So a couple of weeks at a site on a beach with the 2 kids and missus.

I want an additional fridge/coolbox for the awning, my question is, do I get a

Link Removed
Link Removed

When we are not hooked up the 3 way will come into its own and its independent of the electrics incase of problems, we have an external gas point for the gas, and I have both 12v and 240v points outside. Mainly to keep the inside fridge free for bottles and baby things.

Any experience welcome

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if you plan on being off ehu for any camping with the extra beer cooler, then a 3 way is essential. Supprisingly useful to have an extra fridge available for home too when not camping

the 12v only ones are fine for in the boot of a car going for a picnis, but certainly in my experience useless for long term use. use a lot of battery power on 12v. if not on ehu will flatten battery

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
For anything that will hold any amount of stuff worth taking be prepaired to shell out around £500 for a good one. Dont know why they are so expensive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MONSI

Free Member
Sep 3, 2007
stalybridge manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Last year we got the hybrid b40 compressor fridge/ freezer works a treat on 240v and 12v draws 4 amps DC and will freeze if needed variable thermostat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back