12/240 or get a 3way ?

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by Dereckerick, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Dereckerick

Dereckerick

Evening funsters

Im in the process of getting all of the details for the summer holiday sorted. We're not heading abroad in the MH this year as a new born is about to be with us (next few days). So a couple of weeks at a site on a beach with the 2 kids and missus.

I want an additional fridge/coolbox for the awning, my question is, do I get a

3 Way jobby
    12v box

When we are not hooked up the 3 way will come into its own and its independent of the electrics incase of problems, we have an external gas point for the gas, and I have both 12v and 240v points outside. Mainly to keep the inside fridge free for bottles and baby things.

Any experience welcome

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

if you plan on being off ehu for any camping with the extra beer cooler, then a 3 way is essential. Supprisingly useful to have an extra fridge available for home too when not camping

the 12v only ones are fine for in the boot of a car going for a picnis, but certainly in my experience useless for long term use. use a lot of battery power on 12v. if not on ehu will flatten battery

3. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

For anything that will hold any amount of stuff worth taking be prepaired to shell out around £500 for a good one. Dont know why they are so expensive.

4. MONSI

MONSI Read Only Funster