110v to 240v fridge heater swap? (1 Viewer)

fasteddie

Free Member
Jan 15, 2010
Funster No
Hi all,
I have an Electrolux RM4217 110v model in my imported Toyita campervan. I've happily run this fridge with a 240v/110v stepping transformer for the past 5 yrs.
The 110v heater has now burnt out and needs replacement.
Is it just a simple straight swap to replace the heater with a 240v item or are there other things to consider?

Thanks
Ed.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Not sure as there may well be other circuitry involved like a PC Board, suggest you give Glenn or Ian a ring on Monday and ask them if no one else replies.

Peter

damondunc

Funster
Aug 2, 2007
near Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
fridge element

no you can't just swap the element, the control circuitry on a 110 volt fridge is totally different to the 230 volt ones, the 110 volt elements are available, I may even have one. I need the product code from the fridge. (Next to the model number on a sticker inside the fridge compartment may start 921.......)
Dunc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
fasteddie

fasteddie

Free Member
Jan 15, 2010
Funster No
Thanks Dunc,
I've had a look and inside the fridge there are 2 stickers.
One is silver and is totally in Japanese, the other is paper and doesn't quote a model number but has the serial number of 418 01000

Is this of any help to you?

Thanks
Ed.

no you can't just swap the element, the control circuitry on a 110 volt fridge is totally different to the 230 volt ones, the 110 volt elements are available, I may even have one. I need the product code from the fridge. (Next to the model number on a sticker inside the fridge compartment may start 921.......)
Dunc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back