W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
I have a 3kw inverter on our motorhome purely for the aircon unit for 12v and was told never ever run it without engine running or battery flat and engine running, If i did run it without engine on i was told it would be flat in about 10sec and the battery probably knackered, The battery is there to act as a capacitor/Amp storage for the Aircon.

Craig

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Not surprising you were told that craig.....3kw at full chat will pull 250amps from yer battery every hour :Eeek:

in real terms you'd need a minimum 500amp battery bank to run for one hour without the engine running.

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
You have to see it to believe it, It is one big moma of a inverter.... If you at Newark come have a look lol....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
weird all this, I have another inverter on my van for my dometic air con. I can run it for at least 20 mins and more without the engine running before it starts to squeel, I can also not use it for much longer when driving with the engine running.

The amps put in with your engine running will not replace the drain quick enough, unless you do the alternator conversion.

And a shame im not at Newark Craig, because I bet mines bigger than yours :winky:

It takes up a whole cupboard. :Cool:

stratford4528

Free Member
Feb 4, 2011
southwales
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducatto
Exp
10 years
Hi
I have had another x 2 115 leisure batteries fitted along with x 2 80w solar panels,making 3 leisure batteries in total,4 with vehicle battery.

My question is,I currently have a 350w inverter but its not powerful enough to run our small Microwave 750 ,if I bought a 1000 w inverter would the current 12v socket wiring be strong enough to plug it straight into ,or would I need to run wires direct to the batteries which are currently wired in parallel .

Thanks in advance Alan
Hi Allan
I make up inverter leads as well as selling inverters You will need to connect straight onto the battery
Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back