100 Best Walks in Britain

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by scotjimland, Aug 11, 2009.

1. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

An interactive Google map with the top 100 walks in the UK, with links to a guide with a printable map, also places to eat and lodge.

Times Walks - Google Maps

2. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Great link Jim I've bookmarked it I'm always looking for new walks. My walking mate will be happy some good pubs as well :thumb:

3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Jim, good idea for a map, but as soon as you name it "best" there will be arguments, The People at the Times that compiled it have a funny way of deciding what is a "best" Walk.
    Only one walk in whole of Snowdonia :Eeek: and then neglect the whole of the Pembrokeshire,:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: The Pembrokshire coastal path has some of the very best walking in these isles. The problem is that there are so many good walks that even the Best 1000 would probably leave plenty out :Smile:

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi Jim

Very true .. should have called it 100 Good walks.. but even that is very subjective, it's like saying the top 100 camp sites .. people will never agree .. but it's still a good effort from The Times...
    Maybe an idea if we had a Fun walking map and people could add their own favourites .. nudge nudge :Laughing:

Jim

5. Jerseycol

Jerseycol Funster

walks

Good Morning All
    Nice to see one of many fantastic walks mentioned in Jersey.
    if you like walking then this place is fantastic and very very safe:BigGrin: