£65 +Vat For Wide Angled Mirror!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by shezza, May 15, 2010.

1. shezza

shezza Read Only Funster

Hi All I have just been to my local Peugeot dealer for a replacement mirror (the small wide angled one) and have been quoted £65 + vat!!!!!!!
    The mirror's not broken but the plastic clips are that hold it to the motor in the housing, after being clipped by some erk.
    Has anyone replaced theirs for a more reasonable price?
    My MH is a Peugeot 2009 2.2

2. alan

alan Funster

wingmirrorman

Try wingmirrorman.co.uk web site I replaced my mirror for 24.99 I'm sure he will be cheaper
    than a main dealer
    Alan

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I broke the glass on the lower mirror on the nearside a couple of years ago. Peugeot gave me the same sort of ridiculous quote. I was advised to go to the local Fiat dealer (Ducato mirrors being the same) and they were a lot cheaper - more like the price Alan mentioned.

Graham

4. Phil

Phil Read Only Funster

This is all very strange, a lorry smashed my nearside mirror last year and the Fiat price for replacement was £151, I bought a Peugeot one, same manufacturer's part number for £44.

Phil.

5. bmb1uk

bmb1uk Read Only Funster

Hi all i have same problem,my mirroris lose ,how do you get the mirrors off BAZ. :Blush:

6. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

If you mean the fittings on which the glass is mounted they are held on by a circlip.

Angling the glass usually allows sufficient clearance to insert a slim bladed screwdriver to release the circlip and the mirror part should then come off easily.

To replace put the circlip onto the mirror part and then press it firmly home onto the fitting.

Graham