£10 fee. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
unfortunately not. When I click on it I've nothing remotely resembling the side bars Jim has posted.

that was on the old forum software

'hover' you're mouse pointer over your forum name on the top right hand tool bar
that will reveal a box with a selection of options

jim.PNG

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I just did that & have nothing remotely like what is in your post. I have this;

Broken Link Removed
Funster
  • Broken Link Removed
  • Broken Link Removed
  • Broken Link Removed
  • Broken Link Removed
  • Broken Link Removed
  • Broken Link Removed
  • Broken Link Removed
  • Broken Link Removed
  • Broken Link Removed
  • Broken Link Removed
  • Broken Link Removed
  • Alerts2
  • Broken Link Removed
  • Broken Link Removed
  • Broken Link Removed
  • Broken Link Removed
  • Broken Link Removed
  • Broken Link Removed
  • Show online status
  • Broken Link Removed

Does this mean I am trapped forever in limbo on the old forum somewhere ? :LOL:
just floating around in the ethernet ?:(
doomed for eternity ? :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
The op is probably dead by now this thred was started way back in Jan 26, 2013 don't know how long yosser been gone but its been a while since he got band for the third time :rofl:

oldosc

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
Rame peninsula
Funster No
MH
1990 chausson
Exp
18 years total wild camper
10 pound oh dearie me
It's all right for you rich pensioners, I joined this site when it was free..good value, then
Then relapsed, (not the money, time) we are away 6 months of the year..somewhere, and at then had no internet unless Campsite .as said we are sauvagers (due to state pension only). everything is relative, I brew my own beer and stuff
MY brew 40P A PINT, cant afford to go pubbing. Buy a round thats a days money gone. at 80 you find few pub goers have been anywhere, and know less. We travel Europe, Nordcap to TanTan plage, and Porto to Istanbul.
THIS is the only place where you meet people like us who have even a vague idea of what Motor Homeing is really about. I was a stockman in Australia, owned a farm in Wales 1/2 share in a trawler , finished as a Picture framer for an Art Gallery..and there's hundreds of people here who know a lot more than Me.
I feel a bit embarased to have read this site for years without subbing..but that's sorted now (and only 25 pints of my beer)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I feel a bit embarased to have read this site for years without subbing..but that's sorted now
PRAISE THE LORD!!! Another transgressor rejoins the fold! For it is written, (scriptures 25/40), "He who is a tight ass very rich Australian farm owner, and doth sit by the billabong in a jolly state, shading himself from the suns harsh rays under Gods Coolibah Tree, silently observing the holy jumbuck that doth come down to drink, and doth drink himself from his billy, and who shall take from his tucker bag the sum of fifteen gold pieces for Motorhome Fun, shall be forgiven, and forever sit at the right hand of Jim".
Amen. (y)(y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
The problem in a lot of cases, not all, is that they are on the facebook forum .. but that's an open forum so I don't enjoy it any more ... but some people prefer it obviously. Each to their own..

You are right, so many great people who are now missing ...... I really miss Dellwood33 :(

Silly Tootles .... that was Ed Balls in the above post .. :)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Teddybard seems a recent absentee. Last seen February this year according to the info found clicking on the user name.
I do know that he was ill John, but not had a SITREP from him in ages. :(

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Which suggests we should leave instructions in our will to log in to Fun and tell everybody the news of our departure. Now where's that old envelope, the back of which contains my final wishes. :angel:

oldosc

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
Rame peninsula
Funster No
MH
1990 chausson
Exp
18 years total wild camper
PRAISE THE LORD!!! Another transgressor rejoins the fold! For it is written, (scriptures 25/40), "He who is a tight ass very rich Australian farm owner, and doth sit by the billabong in a jolly state, shading himself from the suns harsh rays under Gods Coolibah Tree, silently observing the holy jumbuck that doth come down to drink, and doth drink himself from his billy, and who shall take from his tucker bag the sum of fifteen gold pieces for Motorhome Fun, shall be forgiven, and forever sit at the right hand of Jim".
Amen. (y)(y)
Jeese mate, youse must have trailed me.
When i did a drove from Ifley to Julia (last one ever because of the road trains) (on the gulf as you know) we passed the billabong where the swagman jumped,
((would you take a maidens baby, said the leader of the push...I take a babies maiden said the Bastard from the bush(cause I'm the man to lead the push)))
from that you ken how woozer we wer to put the billy on, and then swing it into the klon..everyone stood about looking sheepish(?) then all jumped in fully clothed..good times, because droveng's dead.
I started as a 10 pound pom, then found meself a gun ringer.Hard road to follow..My Uncle Tom was the last train robber, dead and buried in Daydawn.TOM SMAZLEN> check it out.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
PS who's Jim, is he any good in a burl?

He's the Head Shirang cobber! Wouldn't want to meet him of a dark night Blue! Axe handle cross the shoulders. Eats nails and spits tacks, shaves with an Angle grinder, wrestles Salties, and cooks a mean bacon buttie!

AND Mate! don't even ask about Sian the "Child Bride" his better half! :doh:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
PS who's Jim, is he any good in a burl?
Well, our Jim sort of rates as a Mallee Bull. Some see him as a bit of an ocker, but hes as tough as any swaggie. Those three troopers at the billabong, well, he would have been a dunny rat on them. Sometimes he can really chuck a spaz. Hes an ex digger by trade, and as hard as any bizzo guy you could meet. And his sheila is a beaut. (y)
So the drove is gone walkabout now? Thats good oil from a bloke like you. Shame. The drove always made me fair suck of the sav! So what do you do now mate, sit around and crack a fat all day?? (y)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Well, our Jim sort of rates as a Mallee Bull. Some see him as a bit of an ocker, but hes as tough as any swaggie. Those three troopers at the billabong, well, he would have been a dunny rat on them. Sometimes he can really chuck a spaz. Hes an ex digger by trade, and as hard as any bizzo guy you could meet. And his sheila is a beaut. (y)
So the drove is gone walkabout now? Thats good oil from a bloke like you. Shame. The drove always made me fair suck of the sav! So what do you do now mate, sit around and crack a fat all day?? (y)
:inlove:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back