£1.50 a litre will it slow you up? (1 Viewer)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
That must only have been the 70's no? I remember my dad taking us away for the day and sticking a £1 on the car around then. Think there was 2* and 3* at the time as well. Put a tiger in your tank :D

Early 1992 or slightly before. I went there in 1992 and was chatting to some of the conference angels who were in their late teens. One was a dental student who stated that she was part of a protest group complaining about the price rise of fuel and the Gov responded by shooting at them from helicopter gunships. The person in front of her was shot through the head.

I was staggered by the low price of fuel and then the fact that that they had protested because it had gone up - it might not have even been by 1 US cent - and then by the Gov's responses to the protests.

Venezuala is FUBAR now and I don't think that most people can buy fuel.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
those damn Arabs will start to get all the money again......how did our oil ever end up under their sand?

Probably global warming? Or the sucking motion of warm dry sand as opposed to the usual sort we all know about which is cold and wet - eg Morecambe Bay. Or a butterfly flapped its wing in Timbuktu. Or the SAS moved it all from under the north sea and relocated it, in a secret operation organised by David Cameron to spite Mrs Fish.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
But on the positive side, living in the UK makes touring Norway look inexpensive (cheaper for fuel) and the rest of the Scandinavian countries the same or cheaper......plus you can legally/tolerated wild camp/park and save a fortune in camp fees.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
i feel that with a motorhome ,you can always grab back some of the costs by wildcamping ,but when you compare the depreatiation on a newish motorhome ,then the cost of fuel looks cheap IMHO

Reactions: Jim
?

Deleted User
Cant see me wild camping any time soon. Campsites are good enough and im not that tight to worry about the fees when i think what its like in Hotels. One of the cheaper hotels i have used in Cochem was €75 per night yet last year i only paid €90 for two night renting a nice sized caravan along the road. I may be going back this year for a night and i think it works out at around €25 could be less.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Cant see me wild camping any time soon. Campsites are good enough and im not that tight to worry about the fees when i think what its like in Hotels. One of the cheaper hotels i have used in Cochem was €75 per night yet last year i only paid €90 for two night renting a nice sized caravan along the road. I may be going back this year for a night and i think it works out at around €25 could be less.
I wild camp often when trying to bang the miles in on a long journey. Just drive till knackered, then pull in somewhere and get me 'ead down :)

Or if we see a nice lake (etc) with overnight potential :)

?

Deleted User
I wild camp often when trying to bang the miles in on a long journey. Just drive till knackered, then pull in somewhere and get me 'ead down :)

Or if we see a nice lake (etc) with overnight potential :)

Oh i would do it no problem but if a know a site is half an hour down the road i will just go for that. Going to a bike rally at the start of October in Holland. No cars/vans allowed on site. Its a good 10 minute walk from the van parking area to the loos. Wife is well warned if cut short its a shovel and into the woods you go so over drink at your own pearl. :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back