£1 = € 1 (1 Viewer)

M

michaelc

Deleted User
Hi all, sorry wrong we are not great any more, We are lazy, rule and fools, just look at the UK, you say you are English, But you allow the powers that be to remove ENGLISH from any forms uses by HMG, ask a policeman if you are English and he will answer no. What sort of country is that to feel great about.
What do we make, nothing, what do we export thats not owned by non UK companies, nothing.
What great persons has this country produced from 1950 to today, none.
When I visit the rest of europe which I do each year, I can park my motorhome, or car in the knowledge that it will be there on my return safe and sound, try doing this in good old England
This place is a dump, and the sooner people get their heads out of their behinds and look around the sooner it will start to change.
And I love my country, but its a left wing dump, with fools in power and bigger fools allowing them to get away with it.
michael

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi all, sorry wrong we are not great any more, We are lazy, rule and fools, just look at the UK, you say you are English, But you allow the powers that be to remove ENGLISH from any forms uses by HMG, ask a policeman if you are English and he will answer no. What sort of country is that to feel great about.
What do we make, nothing, what do we export thats not owned by non UK companies, nothing.
When I visit the rest of europe which I do each year, I can park my motorhome, or car in the knowledge that it will be there on my return safe and sound, try doing this in good old England
This place is a dump, and the sooner people get their heads out of their behinds and look around the sooner it will start to change.
And I love my country, but its a left wing dump, with fools in power and bigger fools allowing them to get away with it.
michael
not quite true, we export thousands of campering Englishmen and women every year, hee hee.

Aug 28, 2008
Antwerp /Belgium
Funster No
Exp
Are the shops open in Adinkerke next week?
Sunday shops will be open along the whole seaside, (not the supermarkets though): Adinkerke, De Panne, Veurne, Nieuwpoort will be OK. Cigarette-shops are always open
overthere.
And about Switserland: it joined the "Schengen" countries: no moren identity- and bordercontrols; random customs investigations remain allways possible. Smuggling booze and weed is still risky :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Sunday shops will be open along the whole seaside, (not the supermarkets though): Adinkerke, De Panne, Veurne, Nieuwpoort will be OK. Cigarette-shops are always open
overthere.
And about Switserland: it joined the "Schengen" countries: no moren identity- and bordercontrols; random customs investigations remain allways possible. Smuggling booze and weed is still risky :Doh:
Thanks Belgian.....i will look forward to escaping across the water to come to a more welcoming country! :Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Checked the £ - € rate in Marks & Spencer Bureau de Change this morning. :whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

£1 now buys €0.98.57, the guy behind the counter said it is expected to go even lower in 2009. :cry:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Where will it all end.. we should have joined the Euro when we were in a position of strength

I wish I understood that.

Would we not be equally bankrupt in a country that cannot support itself if we had a massive debt in Euros rather than pounds ?

Brian.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Who has heard of the PIGS
It stands for Portugal/italy/Greece/Spain All these countries are in a worse economic situation than us higher unemployment, higher national debt etc etc It will work its way through the system and force these countries to re adopt there own currencies within the next 5 years. The euro will drop in value this year against the pound as its currently over valued.
Sorry economic lesson over .
Hey haganap are we on our way to Wembley
WANDERER/PALACEBOY

Deleted User
michael
You must hve been to a different Europe to me,many parts are as bad if not worse than the UK.Note the reference to the UK not England, I abhor nationalism and flag flying and consider myself a citizen of Europe if not the world, that's not to say that I am not proud of what Britain has achieved in the past usually on the backs of the working classes.
My fathers generation sacrificed their youth and lives in a war essentially against nationalism.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Note the reference to the UK not England, I abhor nationalism and flag flying and consider myself a citizen of Europe if not the world, .

Hey whoa steady on there, nothing wrong with pure national pride, it is what makes me different to a welshman, a Scotsman, an Irishman, or even Cornishmen. We have different pasts, different outlooks on life, different views of the world, and differnt ways of doing the same things, these differances should be preserved, we should be proud of who we are, if we don't like what we have become then for goodness sake do something to change it, but celebrate the differances, it is what makes us who we are.
When I can once again get a BRITISH passport I will apply for one.

Deleted User
Hey whoa steady on there, nothing wrong with pure national pride, it is what makes me different to a welshman, a Scotsman, an Irishman, or even Cornishmen. We have different pasts, different outlooks on life, different views of the world, and differnt ways of doing the same things, these differances should be preserved, we should be proud of who we are, if we don't like what we have become then for goodness sake do something to change it, but celebrate the differances, it is what makes us who we are.
When I can once again get a BRITISH passport I will apply for one.
Don't get me wrong I am very proud to come from Lancashire and England and I do not want every country to lose their national characteristics, the kind of nationalism that I do not like is one where people think that their particular place is superior to everywhere else- except Yorkshire of course LOL

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back