Funster
Jan 20, 2010
Yorkshire and France
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
not long enough
We are heading South in a few weeks, it is looking very hopeful that the £ might buy a bit more Euro. Aplogogies to any exporters out there, but it makes me very happy to get a bit more for my £.:Smile: Where do you buy your Euros? Someone told me M&S were very good, or is it better to buy from a bank out in France?

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
In france the banks dont change sterling to euros, you need to go to the post office (la poste) to change money.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
When we go to France we just use the cash machines as normal but take out plenty of money at one time as the fee is the same regardless of the amount you take out. I think our bank charges us £1.50 per transaction and the exchange rate is the one calculated for that day. Hope that helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its a good idea not to take all the cash you will need, it is a liability, far better to draw what you need from local cash points, but you will need to be careful some machines and card combinations will really sting you with each withdrawal.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
We are heading South in a few weeks, it is looking very hopeful that the £ might buy a bit more Euro. Aplogogies to any exporters out there, but it makes me very happy to get a bit more for my £.:Smile: Where do you buy your Euros? Someone told me M&S were very good, or is it better to buy from a bank out in France?

If you are in S Scotland weejocky you may be able to get an account with the Cumberland B S that will not charge you to take your cash out abroad.. They also give you the money market rates on exchange.

Check here Cumberland B S

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back