£ going the right way

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by weejocky, Nov 18, 2010.

1. weejocky

weejocky Funster

We are heading South in a few weeks, it is looking very hopeful that the £ might buy a bit more Euro. Aplogogies to any exporters out there, but it makes me very happy to get a bit more for my £.:Smile: Where do you buy your Euros? Someone told me M&S were very good, or is it better to buy from a bank out in France?

2. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

In france the banks dont change sterling to euros, you need to go to the post office (la poste) to change money.

3. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

When we go to France we just use the cash machines as normal but take out plenty of money at one time as the fee is the same regardless of the amount you take out. I think our bank charges us £1.50 per transaction and the exchange rate is the one calculated for that day. Hope that helps.

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Its a good idea not to take all the cash you will need, it is a liability, far better to draw what you need from local cash points, but you will need to be careful some machines and card combinations will really sting you with each withdrawal.

5. keith

keith Funster

If you are in S Scotland weejocky you may be able to get an account with the Cumberland B S that will not charge you to take your cash out abroad.. They also give you the money market rates on exchange.

Check here Cumberland B S