Jim

Keep Right Head Up Display 2015-04-26

No permission to download
At Peterborough Show I was talking to someone who said they would love to go to France but were petrified about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road. That is a shame, there really is nothing to worry about. But, I realise for some this is a real issue and stopping them from visiting one of the most motorhome friendly countries in the world.

Fact is, most everyone driving on the 'wrong side' is pretty safe as they are concentrating so much :D and after the first couple of junctions and the odd roundabout we quickly get used to it. Modern Sat-Navs are a great help especially at junctions and roundabouts as the direction arrows will give you your correct road position.

Invariably it's when we've been there for a while and have a few miles under our belt that a lapse in concentration has us looking or turning the wrong way or suddenly panicking when approaching a junction. Just take things slow and think KEEP RIGHT. In fact its good practice as soon as you get in the motorhome to Repeat the phrase "KEEP RIGHT until you are quite sure that you won't forget to. ESPECIALLY IN THE MORNING.

I got reminded of an old truck drivers trick using a piece paper as a head up display. Something written in reflected text on a white piece of paper and placed upside down on the dash will be reflected correctly, in the middle of your windscreen. It's easy to ignore and easy to focus on it for a bit of reassurance. I've made one and you can download it here. You might want to laminate it but you don't have to it will still work.

Print it out and it will look like this.

upload_2015-4-26_9-9-13.png

But in your windscreen you'll see this.
upload_2015-4-26_9-7-46.png

I hope this helps. Please don't be put off visiting the continent because of this issue. You really will pick it up fast and its really easy to KEEP RIGHT.

a4f78bb0-243d-4c51-ac38-5ef4834ef9b9-jpeg.332147

Photo by Bryden

Latest reviews

The best ideas are the simple ones
Excellent .....now i just need a printer
simple but effective.
It will certainly help me. Thanks.
This should come in very handy for a first timer like me.
fanbloodytastic for an old fogey like me
Very good idea jim should help those that are not sure a lot
Great Idea for All
Just perfect
Back